#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Loovens will play against us soon if he signs for the mackems!!

Did i miss us getting drawn against Sunderland in the cup !? 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

So two weeks tomorrow we have our first game of the season.

To recap so far we have no new players and no rumours to suggest there is any likely hood of getting any. 

We have sold just 1 player and loan another one out to a fellow championship team.

we have not offload the likes of Matias, Abdi, Jones and Fletcher who are costing us millions each season to sit watching the games from the stands.

We don't have a home shirt available to buy for anyone other than kids and some women's sizes

We don't have any away shirts

We don't have a fully fit squad with Hooper, Lee, Fletcher, Winnall unlikely to be ready for the start of the season and are waiting for the excuse why Abdi makes no appearances what so ever in pre-season.

But don't worry we have the squad number out and all is right with the world lol

Its a transfer window. You actually expect some signings?!

looking increasingly liked we shot at the moon and missed. My only surprise is our big guns are still here. So long as that stays true then there’s always hope. Should the likes of FF, Bannon etc get auctioned off then I’ll really start to worry.

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The example of Young as a successful wing back is particularly apt To me he looked distinctly makeshift, and was definitely our weak link in Russia

I’m not sure he was considered a weak link, I’m not a fan but wasn’t he voted into team of the tournament? 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’m not sure he was considered a weak link, I’m not a fan but wasn’t he voted into team of the tournament? 

having doubted myself i searched and appears he was in a fake team of the tournament - didn't think he was that good! but didn't think he was a liability either.

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

For me we should play a slightly different system.

3-5-2 but with one of the midfield 3 sitting in the sweeper role, if Reach or possible Boyd is on the other side, the sweeper is there to sort the issues when the wing backs get caught up field. The sweeper cannot be on both sides of the pitch but neither can the ball. If match fit this would be Hutch's best role. That would allow for wingers to fully commit to every attack.

lol you don't sit in the sweeper role.

19 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Don’t think you can say floundered. They have built their own ground and finished last season mid table in the conference north with the third highest average attendance for the league (behind only Stockport and York). 

Essentially they have now reached a league which is very competitive, and unlike Salford which is bankrolled by millionaires they are 100% fan owned. 

Floundering may have been overstating things a bit but it’s not quite the plain sailing it was. I highly doubt they’ll ever get out of the league they’re in now as they’re hamstrung by their (admirable) policy of refusing to deal with agents, which limits the calibre of player they can attract unless they develop some incredible youth system.

Ryan Kent gone to Rangers, a player I’d have loved to see here 

also see Forest have got Jack Colback, there last target is Sam Byram if they get him that will be some side next season