#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve always thought when Fletcher is fit he would be a big part of Luhukays plans, maybe this is why nothing came of the panathinaikos link and a hint towards jos actually been in charge of who stays and who comes in 

More likely they cant afford his wages. 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Hunt is highly rated but I admit I haven’t seen him play. He’s only young (16?) and a little light, so I think we need a ball winner for when Hutchinson is injured.

Agree on penny, think he could be worth a shot if Ash Baker is. But we generally lack real pace and I think the only way we will add any this summer will be on loan.

Possibly. It all comes down to injuries imo.

With everyone fit, our squad is top 6 easy. 

(Can’t see that happening, though).

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve always thought when Fletcher is fit he would be a big part of Luhukays plans, maybe this is why nothing came of the panathinaikos link and a hint towards jos actually been in charge of who stays and who comes in 

I think our foreign players, who CC scorned are going to be the ones who excel.

Joao, Nuhui, Matias. 

And the traditional british 4-4-2 lads will be gone. Hooper and Fletcher both fall into this category and could be next, who knows

10 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Hunt is highly rated but I admit I haven’t seen him play. He’s only young (16?) and a little light, so I think we need a ball winner for when Hutchinson is injured.

Agree on penny, think he could be worth a shot if Ash Baker is. But we generally lack real pace and I think the only way we will add any this summer will be on loan.

He's 18 so hopefully closer to first team action. 

As for Penney, if he doesn't feature at all in pre season then he's clearly not rated by Jos. Being 20, he's being overtaken in terms of opportunity by the likes of Baker, Hunt and O'Grady.

Bristol City set to complete £1.5m deal for Cheltenham's Mo Eisa after striker's stunning 25-goal campaign

The 24-year-old missed Saturday's friendly defeat by Birmingham to hold talks

Eisa scored 25 goals last season and won the club's player of the year award

10 hours ago, Rogers said:

Nearly 200 pages and not one signing (or decent rumour), impressive. 

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not even being linked with any names at the minute. Even a few made up rumours in the media would add a little bit of excitement to a disappointing lack of transfer activity. 

Fills you with anticipation and enthusiasm doesn't it?  Especially after paying through the nose for everything associated with the club.

18 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Fills you with anticipation and enthusiasm doesn't it?  Especially after paying through the nose for everything associated with the club.

the policy of going with what we have rather than signing a few shirt fillers just to add to the numbers doesn't dull my enthusiasm & anticipation ...i'm quite pleased that the club have realised the folly of there transfer /contractual policies of the last 3 years and are doing summat to rectify the situation ……..come next summer all being well we'll be able to shift out those we don't want/need  and hopefully start again with more knowledge of whats needed to run a successful football club  than when chansiri started 3 years ago .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Old story re-appeared again this morning..........

Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland are both said to be battling it out for Jack Baldwin, with Jos Luhukay rating him particularly highly.

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has confirmed on the club’s official Youtube channel that Jack Baldwin is high up on Sheffield Wednesday’s wishlist.

Wednesday are in competition with Sunderland for Baldwin, although neither have agreed a fee with Posh yet.

Wednesday and Sunderland have both failed to meet Peterborough’s asking price for the transfer listed defender.

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Kinda old news but you wonder if we’ll go back with another bid closer to the deadline day...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/22/darragh-macanthony-confirms-sheffield-wednesday-interest-in-jack/

He would cost more than Venancio, and is not of the same quality Be a very strange decision if we were in for him

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Kinda old news but you wonder if we’ll go back with another bid closer to the deadline day...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/22/darragh-macanthony-confirms-sheffield-wednesday-interest-in-jack/

Baldwin is a good player I’ve seen him a few times and always seemed too good for that level 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He would cost more than Venancio, and is not of the same quality Be a very strange decision if we were in for him

I think his contract expires next summer so I’d be surprised if he’d cost more than £1.8m? We probably offered £350k 

21 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think his contract expires next summer so I’d be surprised if he’d cost more than £1.8m? We probably offered £350k 

He's had a serious knee injury, sounds like our sort of player. TBF he's only 25 and he was the club captain. You have to ask why he was transfer listed though. He only made eight appearances last season, which is worrying.

Edited by Beauchief Owl