#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Sheffield Wednesday-linked winger Joao Amaral appears to have ended speculation linking him with a move to Hillsborough after signing a four year deal for Lech Poznan.

Wednesday were credited with interest in Amaral earlier in the summer by Jornal Record, although the trail had gone cold in recent weeks.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday-linked winger Joao Amaral appears to have ended speculation linking him with a move to Hillsborough after signing a four year deal for Lech Poznan.

Wednesday were credited with interest in Amaral earlier in the summer by Jornal Record, although the trail had gone cold in recent weeks.

Given the failure to do deals with this guy and Venancio, we really must be up against FFP.

Maybe one or two more out before we can bring anyone in.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

These 2 names have cropped up for a while and I think we may be in for both.  Byram  would be a great signing and just exactly what we need at right wing back. We don’t need Hugill - we have 3 central strikers in Dave, Fletch and Hooper and Joao can play there at a push. I hope we focus on what we actually need for a change.

Byram , yes , Hugill no for me, but to be honest , I would be amazed if we can afford Byram even on loan.

5 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

These 2 names have cropped up for a while and I think we may be in for both.  Byram  would be a great signing and just exactly what we need at right wing back. We don’t need Hugill - we have 3 central strikers in Dave, Fletch and Hooper and Joao can play there at a push. I hope we focus on what we actually need for a change.

Byram must be going somewhere soon, not included in West Ham’s squad today - neither was Hugil. Only two weeks to the season starts, you’d think next week will be more incomings into the championship 

49 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Byram must be going somewhere soon, not included in West Ham’s squad today - neither was Hugil. Only two weeks to the season starts, you’d think next week will be more incomings into the championship 

Forest, probably. Been linked to him and appear to be free to pay whatever is required. Hope it’s us though.

47 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I am a nuihu fan but I believe hugil is better 

I think they do different jobs. Nuhiu can drop deep and link play, defend corners and recently added goals as that focal point/centre forward.

Hugill runs the channels, he’s rapid and difficult to stop when he gets going which is why a prem team took him on. His goal scoring was always a bit hit and miss but seems to have got better in the last couple of years.

33 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

On a separate note, what are the chances that some clubs will simply want their young players to get games and heavily subsidise wages? That would allow us to bring a couple in, as Forest did last season.

Chances are very good, but do we need it given we have some exciting youngsters ourselves? It will be at their cost.

I really couldn’t give a flying fu*k how good Hugill is. We don’t need a central striker and that is it. We have 4 options in that berth and we are likely only to play only one so why look for another.

Weve been down this road before going after players we don’t need.

Can we just focus on players we do need for a change?

• Like 1

Can't say I know much about Hugill, but he looked a little basic when I've seen him 

Maybe he can be effective at this level Like the look of Nuhiu, Joao and Forestieri together. All three bring something different, and all are technically good As is Hopper of course 

It's no surprise that we are prepared to offload Winnall and Rhodes, neither of whom are good on the ball We have to careful with our signings, not just value for money, but do they fit the way we play