#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

17 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I really couldn’t give a flying fu*k how good Hugill is. We don’t need a central striker and that is it. We have 4 options in that berth and we are likely only to play only one so why look for another.

Weve been down this road before going after players we don’t need.

Can we just focus on players we do need for a change?

Completely agree - if we wan likes of Jaoa to sign new deal or stay cant be buying / loaning fisrst team striker / forward number 8.

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can't say I know much about Hugill, but he looked a little basic when I've seen him 

Maybe he can be effective at this level Like the look of Nuhiu, Joao and Forestieri together. All three bring something different, and all are technically good As is Hopper of course 

It's no surprise that we are prepared to offload Winnall and Rhodes, neither of whom are good on the ball We have to careful with our signings, not just value for money, but do they fit the way we play

What signings? it aint happening

30 minutes ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Chances are very good, but do we need it given we have some exciting youngsters ourselves? It will be at their cost.

Depends what position really, I don’t think we have a ready made cdm or left sided player that could step up yet. I still think some of our centre halves may be better with a loan themselves too. Fraser Preston looks decent though. 

Have to admit I feel a little sorry for Jos with the lack of backing he has received so far in the transfer window. Really is going to need a massive amount of luck with injuries because I fear we don’t have enough quality in depth if key players are ruled out. Good luck Jos, would love him to have us challenging for the top 6 but I have a horrible feeling that he won’t see the year out. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Have to admit I feel a little sorry for Jos with the lack of backing he has received so far in the transfer window. Really is going to need a massive amount of luck with injuries because I fear we don’t have enough quality in depth if key players are ruled out. Good luck Jos, would love him to have us challenging for the top 6 but I have a horrible feeling that he won’t see the year out. 

I'm thinking quite the opposite - he may get more time because of cash constraints and benefit by being able to bed in a few of the U23 lads again this season. Always hopeful at the beginning of season, takes me til at least December to give up hope! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Depends what position really, I don’t think we have a ready made cdm or left sided player that could step up yet. I still think some of our centre halves may be better with a loan themselves too. Fraser Preston looks decent though. 

Jack Hunt seems an exciting CM. Penney could be a left sider?

But don’t know how close they are to being good enough for the first team.

I’m not totally convinced Jos would be out there signing players even if he could, he’s made it well known the squad is too big and you could argue he’s had Fletcher and Matias back in training who may aswell be new signings for him, Van Aken was out a long time , Hoops and Lee will definitely be new signings to him, he only started working with Fessi towards the end of the season 

Abdi ? Who knows , is he fit ? Can he play ?  One thing for sure is he’s got the potential 

He’s on record as rating the young lads very highly and he definitely doesn’t seem like a manager scared of playing them 

23 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we struggle and we are in FFP, no way will be sacking him...anyway I m optimistic he will do well. If he can get the best out of the squad no way will we struggle. 

Edited by Big Jack

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’m not totally convinced Jos would be out there signing players even if he could, he’s made it well known the squad is too big and you could argue he’s had Fletcher and Matias back in training who may aswell be new signings for him, Van Aken was out a long time , Hoops and Lee will definitely be new signings to him, he only started working with Fessi towards the end of the season 

Abdi ? Who knows , is he fit ? Can he play ?  One thing for sure is he’s got the potential 

He’s on record as rating the young lads very highly and he definitely doesn’t seem like a manager scared of playing them 

True, but it depends what the aim is If it’s all about consolidation, and reducing the size of the squad, then I’m sure he’ll be

safe However, if Mr C still harbours thoughts of promotion this season, then who knows what he might do

13 minutes ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Jack Hunt seems an exciting CM. Penney could be a left sider?

But don’t know how close they are to being good enough for the first team.

Hunt is highly rated but I admit I haven’t seen him play. He’s only young (16?) and a little light, so I think we need a ball winner for when Hutchinson is injured.

Agree on penny, think he could be worth a shot if Ash Baker is. But we generally lack real pace and I think the only way we will add any this summer will be on loan.

1 hour ago, BenitoCarbone said:

I am close to agreeing with you on this, but would definitely not be the first position we have to improve. Apart from goalkeepers, quite possibly the last.

With winnall fletcher and hooper injured we may need another in

10 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Fletcher appeared second half in this afternoons friendly. As long as he doesn’t have another set back he should at least be on the bench for Wigan. 

I’ve always thought when Fletcher is fit he would be a big part of Luhukays plans, maybe this is why nothing came of the panathinaikos link and a hint towards jos actually been in charge of who stays and who comes in 

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I’ve always thought when Fletcher is fit he would be a big part of Luhukays plans, maybe this is why nothing came of the panathinaikos link and a hint towards jos actually been in charge of who stays and who comes in 

Provably more to do with Fletcher being on around 40 grand a week

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

Guest Arcadianrocket
56 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Hooper is a lot closer than most think. Still has a chance for first game imo.