#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Was told Jones on 50k and Fletcher on 60k. 

Came from someone who was high up in club. 

Thats will be why we in the shyboo 

This shouldn’t need saying, but the chairman showed people the top salaries of players at a fans forum - nobody is anywhere near 60k or 50k. It’s absolutely ridiculous that these myths keep getting peddled.

Just now, boxing_day said:

This shouldn’t need saying, but the chairman showed people the top salaries of players at a fans forum - nobody is anywhere near 60k or 50k. It’s absolutely ridiculous that these myths keep getting peddled.

Yeh it is,you try gettin the people that belive that crap to stop posting it,never gunna happen.

Just read that Pep has said they’ll decide whether Foden and Diaz will be loaned out ‘at the end of pre season’. Makes sense, and I’ll expect similar from young players we are interested in. Presumably loans more likely to happen once the season has got underway.

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

It's school holiday time 

U serious....Jesus some people on here pfffft 

it came from someone high up as I said. 

This person couldn’t understand why we signed Jones either cos didn’t rate him. 

39 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Like Bannan and Westwood, he is out of contract in 11 months. If they're not sold in the next 2 weeks they will be worth pennies in January or can walk for nothing shortly after.

Unless they sign new contracts, of course.

I can't imagine we'd let João join United on the cheap.

Just now, casbahowl said:

Have I missed something?

No you haven’t. Just reacting to many posters who believe that we won’t be bringing any in.

For the record, we need to bring in 3. This squad needs freshening up and we absolutely need a right wing back and centre half as a bare minimum.

5 minutes ago, boxing_day said:

Yeh course he did. 

Not a myth from who it’s from pal. 

I highly doubt this person would make up stories for no gain. 

3 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Yeh course he did. 

Make up stories for no gain you say....................hmmm,i wonder.

Edited by DELUDED OWL

18 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Jones on £50k

JONES

Thats absolutely ridiculous, and thankfully utter rubbish. You’re saying we spend one sixth of the clubs entire wage bill on Jones and Fletcher? Which club is this person high up in?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozzieowl said:

Yeh course he did. 

I highly doubt anyone that ‘high’ up would go about divulging that information, if you seriously believe we’re paying out 60k a week to anyone at this club then crack on and believe it , but it ain’t true 

23 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

No chance, that would be 5m a year on two players alone. A quarter of our total losses for the entire operation of the football club before add backs. Then you’d have to factor in the transfer fees being paid per annum plus the decent wages of Hooper, FF, Lees, Bannan, Hutchinson, Westwood etc. Plus the senior players released. Wouldn’t add up. 

Edited by Bluesteel

8 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

it came from someone high up as I said. 

How high do ya reckon,Chairman ? it doesn't get any higher than that,Chief Exec,she doesn't strike me as a loose lipped talkin trash kind of Gal,erm..........reckon thats it for boardroom bods,so high up could mean Head of catering perhaps,Head of cleaning up shyte,Receptionists.................all who i'm sure are all privvy to the financial outgoings of the club.