7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I sometimes wonder if FF would play better just behind two strikers, in an attacking midfield role. He has the work rate to get up and down and he tends to play better a bit deeper with players around him. 

This, plus he wouldnt get hacked n bullied by man markers as much, suprised a 4312/433 wasnt tried specifically with this in mind.

Even more of a no brainer considering we dont play with wingers so why not have 3 goal scorers on to compensate for a poor return from our defenders & midfielders?

Lee hutch bannan

Ff - free role

Hooper rhodes

Suspect like with most other flair/attacking players tho that cc may not use him as well as he could to achieve best outcomes, which may affect confidence/mood and he could go elsewhere on the cheap and look a top bargain

On 2017-5-18 at 00:03, Owl999 said:

I'm still not sure why any professional footballer on thousands of pounds a week can't beat a keeper fron the spot, especially a striker.

Often thought that. Take a decent run up head over the ball and bray it as hard as roger. Take the back of the off the net. Hit hard enough no keeper is getting near it. lol

On 18/05/2017 at 00:03, Owl999 said:

I'm still not sure why any professional footballer on thousands of pounds a week can't beat a keeper fron the spot, especially a striker.

What has wages got to do with it,any player and you know this,at any level misses penalties.

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I'm still not sure why any professional goalkeeper on thousands of pounds a week can't save every penalty against them, especially from strikers

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

I'm still not sure why any professional goalkeeper on thousands of pounds a week can't save every penalty against them, especially from strikers

Woah there fella,how has my name been put to that qoute,i replied to owl999.

He's only bothered when he's the main man at the club, on the biggest money and with all the attention on him. 

We played some of our best football in those last few games of the season without him in the starting 11. He came on and scored the winner against Cardiff, I'll give him that but we went on a great run and he didn't have anything more than a bit part off the bench for those last 6 games or so

Edited by poite

24 minutes ago, marshy said:

Often thought that. Take a decent run up head over the ball and bray it as hard as roger. Take the back of the off the net. Hit hard enough no keeper is getting near it. lol

Thanks Kev...how's Wembley today...ffs don't teach them to take penalties like you lol 

15 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

How does it sound at all like a leaving post ? Just saying he's gutted to lose etc 

Sorry mate

i couldn't be arsed to trawl back to original message so just copied/pasted from yours

33 minutes ago, marshy said:

A la Stuart Pearce

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I sometimes wonder if FF would play better just behind two strikers, in an attacking midfield role. He has the work rate to get up and down and he tends to play better a bit deeper with players around him. 

This is exactly how to play him a free role behind the front 2.

we need 2 quality full backs and a centre half then a 4312 will work wonders for our strikers,which for me would be Rhodes win all & fessi behind, hutch holding mid role allowing bannan lee and full backs opportunity to bomb on.

fessi will be immense in this setup, not that difficult is it.

Carlos is the problem, playing players out of position and not to their strengths.

I think that some people actually misunderstand FF. He is portrayed as a bit of a prima-Donna but I have met him and think he is a genuine guy, quite a quiet man, maybe even slightly shy. He is a very talented player but often not played in his best position which I believe, like several others, should be on the left, behind two strikers. I would definitely want him to stay as I hope we can push for automatic next season. 

20 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

I think that some people actually misunderstand FF. He is portrayed as a bit of a prima-Donna but I have met him and think he is a genuine guy, quite a quiet man, maybe even slightly shy. He is a very talented player but often not played in his best position which I believe, like several others, should be on the left, behind two strikers. I would definitely want him to stay as I hope we can push for automatic next season. 

we"d be mad to let him go

7 hours ago, A12owl said:

I was only saying what the world says about Italian and Argentinian temperament .

Don't know what you mean...

My wife's half Italian, half Chilean and I wouldn't ever call her temperamental.

If I did, she'd beat me to death with a saucepan...

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

It's like talking about the the technical aspects of being evicted from your home.

Something went horribly wrong before that happened.... That's what needs looking at.

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

2 hours ago, Bark1062 said:

This is exactly how to play him a free role behind the front 2.

we need 2 quality full backs and a centre half then a 4312 will work wonders for our strikers,which for me would be Rhodes win all & fessi behind, hutch holding mid role allowing bannan lee and full backs opportunity to bomb on.

fessi will be immense in this setup, not that difficult is it.

Carlos is the problem, playing players out of position and not to their strengths.

I'll be honest , If I was going to play a system where I was going to give anyone a free role to float about and do as they pleased behind a front pair it would be ..

Ross Wallace. 

2 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

How does it sound at all like a leaving post ? Just saying he's gutted to lose etc 

Thanking team mates for everything and not mentioning going again next season suggests to me that it's a leaving post. He's not stupid, he knows that the post will start people talking. 

For the last few months he's been fairly quiet on social media and we all know his agent likes to stir the pot. This post could well be a 'come and get me' message to any suitors out there. 

On the one hand I'd be gutted to lose him because he's by far the most talented player in our squad, but on the other hand his attitude has been questionable this season and if his hearts not in it then a move is in everyone's best interests.

17 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

Thanking team mates for everything and not mentioning going again next season suggests to me that it's a leaving post. He's not stupid, he knows that the post will start people talking. 

For the last few months he's been fairly quiet on social media and we all know his agent likes to stir the pot. This post could well be a 'come and get me' message to any suitors out there. 

On the one hand I'd be gutted to lose him because he's by far the most talented player in our squad, but on the other hand his attitude has been questionable this season and if his hearts not in it then a move is in everyone's best interests.

TBF that's just your interpretation.