5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Why can't some people just let it go and move forward? 

He's signed a new contract and again finished top scorer, despite supposedly having a poor season. What does that say for the rest of our attackers? 

One of the hardest working players on the pitch the other night.

There will inevitably be changes this summer. Maybe a new coach. Maybe a couple of fans' favourite players leaving too. All players have a price. Its all about the effectiveness of the overall unit and a financial balancing act will also come into play.

Edited by Dagmeister

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

There will inevitably be changes this summer. Maybe a new coach. Maybe a couple of fans' favourite players leaving too. Its all about the effectiveness of the overall unit and a financial balancing act will also come into play.

There's very little evidence to suggest we could challenge for promotion without Forestieri. 

7 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

There's very little evidence to suggest we could challenge for promotion without Forestieri. 

The evidence might be there after the comings and goings of the summer and at the start of next season. Actually I think he will still be with us next season on balance not least because I don't think that another club will offer what his perceived value was a year ago. I don't say he should go either only that if last season's notional value were offered then it might be accepted and reinvested in other areas that might give us a more balanced and effective squad. FFP considerations I'm sure will impact too.

Edited by Dagmeister

9 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

The evidence might be there after the comings and goings of the summer and at the start of next season. Actually I think he will still be with us next season on balance not least because I don't think that another club will offer what his perceived value was a year ago. I don't say he should go either only that if last season's notional value were offered then it might be accepted and reinvested in other areas that might give us a more balanced and effective squad. FFP considerations I'm sure will impact too.

If FFP is going to be an issue, I'd rather us  just not sign Rhodes instead of selling our best attacker.

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

If FFP is going to be an issue, I'd rather us  just not sign Rhodes instead of selling our best attacker.

We're committed to signing Rhodes though and FF needs to be utilised better than this season too IMO.

Edited by Dagmeister

20 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Over the final 25 games of the season we would have finished Champions. Nando played roughly 50% of the time, and our record without him was better than our record with him. 

However, Terrific player. Unlike some, I want him here, playing wide every minute he is on the field. 

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well if that signing has put us close to the limit, it was a poor decision. We didn't even need him. 

Rumour is that Rhodes will cost us £2m a year in fee for 4 years plus some add-ons. I can well see the squad shape being changed as well as playing approach and tactics. Maybe then Rhodes will look like a bargain if he starts scoring like he has proved that he can. Rhodes is similar to FF in that his 'stock' is not as high as it was. For that season I reckon the odds are that they'll both stay but I do expect changes in how they are deployed if so.

8 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well if that signing has put us close to the limit, it was a poor decision. We didn't even need him. 

You did post after post over the last two seasons saying Rhodes would guarantee us goals. So many times you mocked Hooper's record compared to Rhodes!

Anyway, Im sure Jordan will be a hero our ours next season, played in a proper front two.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Over the final 25 games of the season we would have finished Champions. Nando played roughly 50% of the time, and our record without him was better than our record with him. 

However, Terrific player. Unlike some, I want him here, playing wide every minute he is on the field. 

lol

Plucking numbers out of thin air now?

Just now, Holmowl said:

You did post after post over the last two seasons saying Rhodes would guarantee us goals. So many times you mocked Hooper's record compared to Rhodes!

Anyway, Im sure Jordan will be a hero our ours next season, played in a proper front two.

I've never mocked Hooper's record.

And I've always rated Rhodes. But if you look back, you'll see I said we didn't need him after signing Winnall. 

So yes, if an unnecessary signing has put us close to the limit of FFP, I feel it was a poor decision.

I've never mocked Hooper's record.

And I've always rated Rhodes. But if you look back, you'll see I said we didn't need him after signing Winnall. 

So yes, if an unnecessary signing has put us close to the limit of FFP, I feel it was a poor decision.

Winnall is one player that we'd probably make a significant profit on and for that reason he might be at risk of being sacrificed.

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Winnall is one player that we'd probably make a significant profit on and for that reason he might be at risk of being sacrificed.

Fair point. If the idea is to sell Winnall and use it to partly fund Rhodes, you could at least see the logic. 

Not sure I'd want to keep Rhodes over Winnall though based on what we've seen so far 

:duntmatter:

Fair point. If the idea is to sell Winnall and use it to partly fund Rhodes, you could at least see the logic. 

Not sure I'd want to keep Rhodes over Winnall though based on what we've seen so far 

:duntmatter:

Yeah but we both know that Rhodes is a better bet don't we really. By the way I am still mystified as to why CC didn't fancy giving JR a proper go alongside Fletcher. Almost like he didn't want him to shine (irony for the warriors BTW).

Your point the other day about the utilisation of Wallace was excellent by the way but the downside of course is that it put the best deliverer of a ball into the danger zone on the wrong flank to fully utilise this asset.

I would prefer Nando to be with us next season and see if he and us can an get off to a flyer.

I agree with previous posts that he wants to be the biggest fish in the pond and gets the sulks if he is not the centre of attention, he does need to mature.

If all is not well from the clubs perspective, players are more expensive in January so our return on Nando would be greater during this transfer window.

Hopefully we both get off to a flyer.

I think Forestieri has to transition his game into becoming more of a wide player. He is, in my opinion, ineffective up front and has much greater success when facing the opposition. Playing from a wide position gives him the chance to be involved in the play deeper in the pitch: just look at Coutinho's recent success with Liverpool playing wide left in a 4-4-2 formation. 

Frustratingly Carlos hasn't persisted with that idea this season but it's something I really think will be key to our success next season, getting the best out of Forestieri. If he can evolve his game to be effective defensively when playing as a winger but maintain his attacking threat he would be a very good player even at Premier League level. 

Not sure what this was all about but that Victoria from the TWW cast tweeted this earlier:

IMG_6467.PNG.b5afae62180a011fe6fe6565efaae71f.PNG

It was followed by another saying she hopes she has been misinformed. She then deleted the original tweet & isn't answering what it was about.

On 5/17/2017 at 23:56, SallyCinnamon said:

Could just tell as he was walking up he was going to miss.

Head was down and he just wanted to get it out the way. No composure when it was most needed.

I hate to knock a player for missing a penalty, at least he stood up and took one. But awful penalty.

He had a great game too. He's a very unpredictable player, why he's not playing at the top flight

Because Sally at present he is not PL standard,

... and I love him.