5 minutes ago, MAL said:

I think people are getting carried away, either for or against, why FF's position is wide left or not.

He is not a waddle type player (not many have been, or will be for that matter), where he gets the ball and can beat the opposites with a drop of the shoulder every time, but he can do it on a few occasions, that was his best role when playing in the team when we finished 6th, his official position was wide left, but he was all over the front line because we attacked as a team

This was because FF, BB, KL, RW, GH and/or whichever forward, played the ball about, 1-2's everywhere in and around the opposites box.

The defence didn't know where the ball was going to be next, so they were chasing shadows.

That is where FF took his chances, that is what he does best.

This year, for most of it, the opposites defence only had two or three players to mark at the most, this meant he had to try and beat the defenders alone because we didn't have anybody coming from midfield to link up with him, so because he was in a lone position they could group round him and either take the ball from him, or force him into a mistake, the rest of the team were still only just outside our own box, because of the system we changed to.

CC has to find a happy medium, to play FF in the same role as last year with the same tactics will simply divide him from the team again, with mostly the same results performance wise from FF.

Do you know how many FF scored last season, alongside Hooper?

None.

He only scored when started LW or pushed to LW at HT or later.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Do you know how many FF scored last season, alongside Hooper?

None.

He only scored when started LW or pushed to LW at HT or later.

I don't get your point Holmowl?

Mine is...

It doesn't matter whether he is named as Left Wing, or named as Upfront, or even played as Left Wing, or played as Upfront.

As long as we attack with more than him and A N other, then he will take a lot of the chances that come his way because defenders cannot gang up on him.

13 minutes ago, MAL said:

I don't get your point Holmowl?

Mine is...

It doesn't matter whether he is named as Left Wing, or named as Upfront, or even played as Left Wing, or played as Upfront.

As long as we attack with more than him and A N other, then he will take a lot of the chances that come his way because defenders cannot gang up on him.

Sorry I misunderstood.

My point was...

FF plus one - we score one per game

FF plus two strikers - We score almost two per game

Most talented player since Di Canio but can't beat teams on his own - if the opposites are allowed to gang up on him they can crowd him out. Teams can do that to Messi and Ronaldo so we shouldn't be surprised.

i Hope Carlos adopts some system that allows him to play Fessi out wide or behind a front two. 

4 hours ago, Kameron said:

Another vastly overrated player that goes missing when it's time to step forward and lead the way.   some of our supporters need to take a look at our better results and periods of good form, none our so called best players were on the park.  FF, Lee and Hutch all out for lengthy spells yet form picks up, Hooper was a big miss as we have no like for like replacement.

What a load of bobbar

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Sorry I misunderstood.

My point was...

FF plus one - we score one per game

FF plus two strikers - We score almost two per game

Okay pal, got you, so we are on a similar page.

But we still need more help from the midfield.

The thing for me is, and i didn't want to bring anybody else into this, but have to, to make my point, Adam Reach is not a quick thinking footballer.

The season we finished 6th, we had what i posted above, all of them played quick into feet 1-2's, all trying to go forward in most games, which helped FF find space.

This season, we didn't have any of those players, or the players in their place for whatever reason, going forward and then Adam Reach.

We had a slow,slow tempo, and then bang it up front for the most part.

This is not FF's game, so he has done very well to be leading scorer once again, whether he be classed as Left Wing or Upfront.

Hope this makes sense, had a drink now.

5 hours ago, Gresh said:

Arguably the best player we have.  For those wanting to get rid you've got rocks in your head!

no arguably about it! quality player...comes with baggage but pure quality

FF, Westwood, Lees, Lee, Hooper & Rhodes will be the spine next season

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 19:03, Owl999 said:

I'm still not sure why any professional footballer on thousands of pounds a week can't beat a keeper fron the spot, especially a striker.

Maybe because that keeper is also a profesional footballer on thousands of pounds a week. His job is to save them.