I love FF and think he's the best player we've had since we came out of the Prem. Last year I felt he was the catalyst for the whole team, not just with his quality but his hustling of defenders high up the pitch helping set the tempo for our play. This year that's been missing more often than not and the performance of the team as suffered as a result.

There does seem to be a problem with his attitude comparing this season to last. But it could be one of many reasons... money, expectation, a newborn baby, our more rigid style of play. I honestly don't know. I do think he enjoys it there though and the criticism he's had has been well over the top.

That said, there remains a big problem for me regards where to play him. Instinctively he should be a perfect number 10 but playing him there often doesn't quite work and the stats bear that out. No disputing he's brilliant coming in from the left, but Carlos is so reluctant to play him there unless it's half way through a game and we're losing. As much as I love him, the apparent question marks over his attitude, and his best position, need solving once and for all this summer otherwise he'll underachieve again. 

A change in formation could be the making of him. FF could be devastating in the "Hazard position". But in a 4-4-2, and with Carlos in charge, I don't see him hitting the heights he's capable of next year.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He is, quite simply, the only exciting player we possess

Agreed mate but if he is dicking the club about he needs to get gone.  There's other exciting players out there but we cannot afford a bad apple in this great squad we have.  I'm still not 100% convinced that our bad start wasn't in part due to his histrionics at the beginning of the season. Let's not forget he refused to play and I for one was more than ready to forgive him at that time but if he is monkeying about AGAIN, then he needs to go. 

At the beginning of the season he was poor, and we all know why that is. 

But he got his head back together and started get his form back.....he then got injured. 

He'll have a break and come back pre-season refreshed and focused on next season. That's what i hope happens anyway. Because regardless of what happened last season, he's still our best player and our highest goal scorer and we should have players like him in our squad. 

I find it really bizarre that people want him to leave. We've been crying out for quality players for decades, and when we get them people seem to want to hound them out.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

@Kanye West @Mr Meadows - If I gave you the option to swap FF with Ince, Would you take it?

I've only seen ince play away at your place and when he came on at ours.

He was arguably the best player on the pitch for me at your place, he absolutely battered us down that wing. But would I swap them? Probably not.

Edited by Kanye West
typo

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

At the beginning of the season he was poor, and we all know why that is. 

But he got his head back together and started get his form back.....he then got injured. 

He'll have a break and come back pre-season refreshed and focused on next season. That's what i hope happens anyway. Because regardless of what happened last season, he's still our best player and our highest goal scorer and we should have players like him in our squad. 

I find it really bizarre that people want him to leave. We've been crying out for quality players for decades, and when we get them people seem to want to hound them out.

Not at all, fella.  I think he's the best player we've had since Di Canio and it's been a joy watching him play but unfortunately great players often come with big egos that are just too problematic/impractical to manage. 

2 minutes ago, Jazzybmzoo said:

Agreed mate but if he is dicking the club about he needs to get gone.  There's other exciting players out there but we cannot afford a bad apple in this great squad we have.  I'm still not 100% convinced that our bad start wasn't in part due to his histrionics at the beginning of the season. Let's not forget he refused to play and I for one was more than ready to forgive him at that time but if he is monkeying about AGAIN, then he needs to go. 

IF

Where is the evidence to suggest he is? 

There is none. Just conspiracy theories. 

The club, the players, the chairman, and manager moved on. He signed a new contract.

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I've only seen ince play away at your place and when he came on at ours.

He was arguably the best player on the pitch for me at your place, he absolutely battered us down that wing. But would I swap them? Probably not.

Couldn't disagree mate. I've seen plenty of your fans on here wanting Ince. But by the looks of it, He's just like FF for you guys. He has one good game and a few bad ones. Ince is a massive luxury player. He will get you goals but if things aren't going his way or he gets marked out the game, then it's basically playing with 10 men. 

43 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He hasn't been the same. I suspect that's partly down to him, and also the constant speculation surrounding him. Whatever happens, I don't want all that negativity to carry into next season. Resolve, one way or another. 

Thats from all the f ing drama queens and sh1 t stirrers on herelol 

he's had a kid not long back, i imagine the stress of that and the lack of sleep is probably the main contributory factor to his drop in form later in the season. he's not "dicking the club around", he's just got a life like the rest of us when he's not on the pitch.

He is one of the only players I'm very happy to pay money to watch.

That's not a dig at everyone else, I love our team and players, but he has that XFactor, where he can do a piece of skill, score a goal etc that makes you think, that's why I come to Hillsborough.

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Couldn't disagree mate. I've seen plenty of your fans on here wanting Ince. But by the looks of it, He's just like FF for you guys. He has one good game and a few bad ones. Ince is a massive luxury player. He will get you goals but if things aren't going his way or he gets marked out the game, then it's basically playing with 10 men. 

For me, that's where Forestieri differs from Ince and why I'd rather keep FF. On days where things aren't going his way, he never seems to stop and is always tracking back and getting stuck in.

On his day he is unplayable, but in comparison to last season he seems to have had a lot less of them and that's where the problem lies. It's a shame because he started to hit a bit of form towards the back end of the season and got injured.

Are people actually debating whether Forestieri will stay or go? He signed a new contract a couple of months ago.. He's been injured, will be resting on it now and will be back to his best next year. It's fine, he's not going anywhere.

1 minute ago, MOwl said:

Are people actually debating whether Forestieri will stay or go? He signed a new contract a couple of months ago.. He's been injured, will be resting on it now and will be back to his best next year. It's fine, he's not going anywhere.

But that's not what is been rumoured. We have been linked with him again from last year. Not saying we're signing him but I'm 90% sure we won't be as we don't have that sort of money spare YET. If we sell all our dead wood like we are supposedly doing then we may be able to get him. But I highly doubt it.