New club crest

I like it but I'm not surprised that it wasn't used....probably because most team didn't display a crest on their shirts. We had years of no crest and even dropped it after 1966.

Tha only downside is that it hasn't got 1867 on it.

I'm sure when they brought in the minimalist badge, that it was meet with a degree of scepticism.  It will take time for the new one to bed in and in a few months fans will have grown accustomed to it.  

There is no reason why the minimalist one cannot be brought back at some later date.

Wonder who will have it as a tattoo first? 

On a related note Chansiri really loves himself, no? I mean to really, really inappropriate 'if he was made out of chocolate he'd eat himself' levels?

Permanently changing the club badge to 'celebrate' his first anniversary at the club - before he has achieved anything worthy of note whatsoever?

That's got to reach at least seven militrumps on the self-love scale...

Edited by owlinexile

I like the new badge - looks good to me. But I love the simplistic owl from the 80s/early 90s. Just drop the shield. It has been a trademark for our club for a long, long time, and a lot of people associate it with us as a club.

Would have preferred us t just drop the shield and go with that design, but change is only a good thing after years of struggling, I guess. .

And suddenly all your merchandise is outdated and you need new everything, not just a shirt, not that that was what the club was thinking of course.

I like the badge but on a retro shirt kept as part of history, its not really fitting for a club that is meant to be getting knocked in to shape, modernising and moving forwards, it literally is a step backwards.

Very Hogwarts. Why is the Owl having a nap? Needs to be staring straight at you, giving it a bit of 'attitude'. This feathery feller looks about as threatening as an attack spearheaded by Conor Sammon.

Great idea.

Should deffo change our name to Gryffindor. Think of how many shirts we would sell worldwide@

I'm sure when they brought in the minimalist badge, that it was meet with a degree of scepticism.  It will take time for the new one to bed in and in a few months fans will have grown accustomed to it.  

There is no reason why the minimalist one cannot be brought back at some later date.

Wonder who will have it as a tattoo first?

Ive already got it mate I must have known lol