New club crest

The reason I'm not a fan, and I know I might be missing the point it doesn't look like we are being traditional, it looks old and 'out of date' and that reflects our club we should be something that's modern and forwarding thinking not something my nan would like.

This is literally hashed together in 2 mins but a bit more spacing, a different owl face and 1867 instead of Weeds' white rose and it starts to look a bit better.

A bit of time spent on it and im sure they could have stayed faithful to the old badge just with a slight twist

This ^

The Owl looks like it's got its "eye on you", and just a little menacing, much better than the camp owl on the one chosen, I thought DC wanted something that looked more aggresive so I'm really surprised at him choosing this one...

That said, in the 50's we were known as the Yo-Yo team cos we kept going up and coming back down several times, I'd happily take that for the next 5 or 6 years for us to earn some cash and then to go on to smash teams in Europe again..

Guest frogowl

There's nothing wrong with an heritage / retro looking emblem, and nothing wrong with the actual elements depicted, but this rendering of it is nothing more than clip art. It looks cheap. We deserve something with a more sophisticated approach. Compare it to one or two other top clubs that have had a re-design, Spurs for one, their logo is quality. Ours could have been similar with better styled artwork. This is like monopoly banknotes compared to real currency. Still, I'll be very proud of it as we take it into the premiership.

Edited by frogowl

There's nothing wrong with an heritage / retro looking emblem, and nothing wrong with the actual elements depicted, but this rendering of it is nothing more than clip art. It looks cheap. We deserve something with a more sophisticated approach. Compare it to one or two other top clubs that have had a re-design, Spurs for one, their logo is quality. Ours could have been similar with better styled artwork. This is like monopoly banknotes compared to real currency. Still, I'll be very proud of it as we take it into the premiership.

I agree.

Edited by owlZfan84

Just a thought....flip it round.....If the new badge had been our badge for the last 30 years and was about to be replaced by our current badge how would people react?

I am very unsure on the new one but don't totally dislike it, I love our current one but is that just because at 35 years old it's been our badge for most of my years supporting Wednesday?

I like the badge to celebrate the anniversary but long term I wouldnt really like it, I'd love our current badge with just the owl. A bit like Derby with their simple Ram logo. I'm a big fan of minimalism.

Just a thought....flip it round.....If the new badge had been our badge for the last 30 years and was about to be replaced by our current badge how would people react?

I am very unsure on the new one but don't totally dislike it, I love our current one but is that just because at 35 years old it's been our badge for most of my years supporting Wednesday?

I would be glad we got rid.

It's got nothing to do with not knowing or history as some are making it is because it's a horrid design.

I didn't like the one on the damson shirt either but even that is better than this.

A bad design is a bad design regardless of when it was drawn.

Guest dunellaowl

The Sun Taking The P:ss.

feck me it looks worse more I see it! Sort them eyes out! Looks like it's got hepatitis b with mascara!