New club crest

Barnsley changed from the Tyke to the bloody council badge

The Toby Tyke 'badge' never existed. Not on a shirt anyway. We had the white rose badge for years, before that the Oak and Well badge, before that the 'council' badge as you refer to it. Which is the Barnsley badge/emblem and was our original. Was the first badge we used. I loved the Toby badge, even though it wasn't an actual badge. It was unique, it stood out. It was even used on Grandstand etc. 

My favourite BFC badge would be the one in my avatar. Wish we'd use that. 

As for your new badge (or old one) I think it's cool in a retro, one-off fashion. Not something I'd see as long term. I always felt the 90's Owl badge was bang on. Really simple. Like the Ram at Derby, the Wolves 'Wolf' and Swansea's swan. I'm simple. I like simple things.

As much as I'm over the moon that it's the badge and not the football we're all moaning about. Frankly, I think the badge is awful and looks like the drawing of an optimistic 8 year old fan. I know it's supposed to commemorate our history but there are other ways to do that other than mess around with a very popular badge.

It's not gonna help that it's divided the fans as it'll just cause a drop in merchandise revenues which, though we are minted now, won't help anything.

New logo load of pants.

Nothing wrong with current one.

Looks like a kids scan into Microsoft word.

F in rubbish.

Needs sharpening up from looking cartoony.

Don't mind a retro crest for 150th year but retro will go out of date.

Actually quite gutted current one will be no more.

Ridiculous idea.

Should have gone to fans vote.

The Toby Tyke 'badge' never existed. Not on a shirt anyway. We had the white rose badge for years, before that the Oak and Well badge, before that the 'council' badge as you refer to it. Which is the Barnsley badge/emblem and was our original. Was the first badge we used. I loved the Toby badge, even though it wasn't an actual badge. It was unique, it stood out. It was even used on Grandstand etc.

My favourite BFC badge would be the one in my avatar. Wish we'd use that.

As for your new badge (or old one) I think it's cool in a retro, one-off fashion. Not something I'd see as long term. I always felt the 90's Owl badge was bang on. Really simple. Like the Ram at Derby, the Wolves 'Wolf' and Swansea's swan. I'm simple. I like simple things.

Toby Tyke was brill

Must say not a huge fan of this.

Also if this is part of the 150th anniversary celebrations why has the reference to 1867 been dropped?

I know to a certain extent it's about highlighting the traditional, but the Owl logo we all love has been part of our heritage and tradition since 1972!

Just wait until we get hoops; long bloomers, stockings and caps for the 150th anniversary. lol

We've got him, haven't we?

Personally, I'm not sure about the golden eyes on the new one but I do think we're due a change.

Also, if we're in the Premiership next season and winning regularly who's going to care?

And, for drawing it in the sand, it'll pass a couple of hours on whereas the present one took minutes.

It'll keep our lass and the kids busy for ages while I just sit back and delegate.

Love the 'Harry Potter Owl' description of it.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

LOVE IT!!

From the year i was born. Fantastic 60th birthday present for me. Chuffed to bits.

Thanks DC.

Never liked the minimalist one. Looks dated and always looked to me like the owl had thick rimmed glasses on.

Good to see the Yorkshire rose back in the badge.

THE WEDNESDAY YORKSHIRE'S NUMBER 1.