New club crest

And suddenly all your merchandise is outdated and you need new everything, not just a shirt, not that that was what the club was thinking of course.

I like the badge but on a retro shirt kept as part of history, its not really fitting for a club that is meant to be getting knocked in to shape, modernising and moving forwards, it literally is a step backwards.

New shirt? Im going to need a new arm, and my mate will need a new leg.

Having slept on it, have come to my final conclusion: It's naff

My mate described it as: "You know when a really crap school changes its logo to make it look like a private school, it looks like that"... others are describing it as something that should belong at Hogwarts. It would be suitable as a club crest for a traditional-style kit for our 150th, but it isn't a suitable club crest for advertising us. Would be excellent as a "formal" identifier, on flags at the ground for instance... but on the shirt and TV the minimalist Owl that sticks to good basic design philosophy would be far better for brand awareness and simple identification. 

Not the end of the world that it's crap, after all it's "just" a badge (Fully aware that it's our 'brand' so it bares importance, but to me on the pitch is the most important thing), so I'm not going to throw a hissy fit that this is our choice... but dayumn it's not well designed in the slightest.

I grew up with the old badge, in the sixties, that looked a lot like this one and remembered feeling bad about the "new" one that came in after the design competition in '72 (I think). But I grew to love the "new" one and it's now Wednesday, to me. I don't object to this latest badge idea, but I hope it's just a retro thing for our 150th anniversary and that we go back to the minimalist owl after that, because it's beautiful.

Blue and white quarters, however, would probably be taking it too far.

My mate described it as: "You know when a really crap school changes its logo to make it look like a private school, it looks like that"... others are describing it as something that should belong at Hogwarts. It would be suitable as a club crest for a traditional-style kit for our 150th, but it isn't a suitable club crest for advertising us. Would be excellent as a "formal" identifier, on flags at the ground for instance... but on the shirt and TV the minimalist Owl that sticks to good basic design philosophy would be far better for brand awareness and simple identification. 

Not the end of the world that it's crap, after all it's "just" a badge (Fully aware that it's our 'brand' so it bares importance, but to me on the pitch is the most important thing), so I'm not going to throw a hissy fit that this is our choice... but dayumn it's not well designed in the slightest.

Looks like an old, arrogant owl  to me  gary megson

You'd like it if Gudmundsson was wearing it lol

I've got no problem with it but just think the eyes could be less feminine - if it had been launched with slightly meaner eyes I'd be giving it a 100% yes.

I think with regards to the current badge - I like it and for me it's the badge I've always known but I can see as we enter this new era, that it's time for a bit of a rebrand in some respects.

THIS. Needs about to attack eyes.

I like it. A poll would be good, just to see the percentage of Owlstalkers for and against.

More than 1,000 people took part in a Star poll last night, with 68 per cent saying they liked the new crest.

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/owls-on-crest-of-a-wave-after-chansiri-unveils-new-sheffield-wednesday-badge-1-7693889#ixzz3yFoCr0Y9

I like the crest.

It was our original one.

I like history and tradition, and returning to our original crest won't make us lose our identity and its a great way to display the club's long history. The only thing that it might need is some indication of the club's formation or 150th anniversary. Other than that having a retro badge is a good idea and maintains the club's history and tradition. Hats off to Chansiri for not only backing up his words and ambition with action but also for buying into our club's long history. I'm glad the badge change is a revert back to our original one and not some brand new one that as no part in our history. Well done Chansiri.