New club crest

Guest Darkus Owlus

I'm getting the feeling that if we hadn't used it before and wasn't part of our history a reasonable amount might see it for what it is....children's clip art.

I'm getting the feeling that if we hadn't used it before and wasn't part of our history a reasonable amount might see it for what it is....children's clip art.

Almost any logo or brand could be deemed as clip art. Nike, Leeds Utd badge, Lacoste etc... it's not supposed to be commissioned for the Louvre museum. 

Embarrassing when some of our fans know very little about our club's history. The over-reaction to a badge that isn't even new and was our original one, is pathetic and embarrassing. Learn the club's history. It's the club's 150th anniversary soon, what better way to honour it than by having the original badge as the club's emblem. Be grateful to Chansiri and show him respect for buying into and maintaining our club's history and tradition. Be glad we ain't got a Tan or Cellino or losing our club's identity to tacky modernisation.

My first reaction to going back to the throwback badge was one of horror. It's growing on me, even though I think the Owl looks particularly bizarre.

It makes perfect sense for a 150th anniversary celebration.

But as a permanent rebrand, I would have preferred something harking back to that badge but without throwing our iconic Owl on the bonfire. Something like this:

new%20owls%20logo.jpg

Embarrassing when some of our fans know very little about our club's history. The over-reaction to a badge that isn't even new and was our original one, is pathetic and embarrassing. Learn the club's history. It's the club's 150th anniversary soon, what better way to honour it than by having the original badge as the club's emblem. Be grateful to Chansiri and show him respect for buying into and maintaining our club's history and tradition. Be glad we ain't got a Tan or Cellino or losing our club's identity to tacky modernisation.

I'd say most people are aware that it is a historic badge, whether they like it or not.

Its not mandatory to like it because its an old badge. I think it will work on some things and perhaps not so much on others.

My first reaction to going back to the throwback badge was one of horror. It's growing on me, even though I think the Owl looks particularly bizarre.

It makes perfect sense for a 150th anniversary celebration.

But as a permanent rebrand, I would have preferred something harking back to that badge but without throwing our iconic Owl on the bonfire. Something like this:

new%20owls%20logo.jpg

That strikes the right balance IMO.

This is literally hashed together in 2 mins but a bit more spacing, a different owl face and 1867 instead of Weeds' white rose and it starts to look a bit better.

A bit of time spent on it and im sure they could have stayed faithful to the old badge just with a slight twist

post-36587-0-96970600-1453723329.jpg

This is literally hashed together in 2 mins but a bit more spacing, a different owl face and 1867 instead of Weeds' white rose and it starts to look a bit better.

A bit of time spent on it and im sure they could have stayed faithful to the old badge just with a slight twist

That looks much better.

I actually prefer every badge shown on this page than the one that currently looks like it'll be used. 

OWL.jpg

I think that one would look good with the Yorkshire white rose underneath the 1867