New club crest

My first reaction to going back to the throwback badge was one of horror. It's growing on me, even though I think the Owl looks particularly bizarre.

It makes perfect sense for a 150th anniversary celebration.

But as a permanent rebrand, I would have preferred something harking back to that badge but without throwing our iconic Owl on the bonfire. Something like this:

new%20owls%20logo.jpg

That's not bad. You could even drop the FC and have it more like the "old" version

This is literally hashed together in 2 mins but a bit more spacing, a different owl face and 1867 instead of Weeds' white rose and it starts to look a bit better.

A bit of time spent on it and im sure they could have stayed faithful to the old badge just with a slight twist

The white rose is ours and given most of the sport in Yorkshire originated in Sheffield I think it needs to be on our badge

This is literally hashed together in 2 mins but a bit more spacing, a different owl face and 1867 instead of Weeds' white rose and it starts to look a bit better.

A bit of time spent on it and im sure they could have stayed faithful to the old badge just with a slight twist

Just change the font on the "S" and the "W" so that it looks less like an 8 and a pig snout and youre onto a winner there.

'We' have no say in the running of the club, the badge, players, manager etc etc

The one person who does is the person who forked out £30+m to buy the club....It's his club...that's his right as the owner

'We' pay money to enjoy the product / service  provided

If you dont enjoy the product on offer......go somewhere else - thats OUR rights as a consumer

Good effort. Like it. That Owl's gonna peck your eyes out.

I like the intensity on that Owl

It has the eyes of a constipated toddler trying to force one out!

'We' have no say in the running of the club, the badge, players, manager etc etc

The one person who does is the person who forked out £30+m to buy the club....It's his club...that's his right as the owner

'We' pay money to enjoy the product / service provided

If you dont enjoy the product on offer......go somewhere else - thats OUR rights as a consumer

This doesn't make sense.

Can we do anything about it? Perhaps not.

Are we obliged to like it? Definitely not.

Ooh! I just realised something! We can't be known as "The Wednesday" as the badge adorns the initials "SW"; obviously standing for "Sheffield Wednesday". That'll p155 off the "The Wednesday" brigade. I've changed my mind; I like it (but only for that reason)!!!

lol

Edited by shandypants