SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RUMOURED TAKEOVER BID

Guest mysteryman

Can't stop watching ssn hoping for breaking news swfc to be taken over to come across bottom of screen then my head tells me it's a load of poo but there's still that little glimmer of hope

that's not the glimmer of hope, thats the standby light on the telly

Edited by scarboro-owl

I'm a big doubter but have found a few links.

"Hassan al-Thawadi, the Sheffield University-educated secretary general of the organising committee, has consistently argued that hosting the World Cup can help raise standards."

IIRC, Hassan was over in Sheffield in September 2013 holding a conference/forum with the public and Five Live at Sheffield FC.

Could something or nothing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/186783/Hassan-Al-Thawadi-The-Iron-man-bidding-for-World-Cup-Qatar-2022

Guest mkowl

Takeovers are stacked with confidentiality clauses, why would any serious investors jeopardise a deal by spouting it on here or SSN first.

When Milan does sell we'll get a heads up via a presser from the horses mouth.

Certainly my view on this albeit as we know these stories do leak out sometimes with approval of both parties as a pre test the waters. Don't think it would be MMs style though

It's simple really, the mysteryman has been accurate with his statements so far (whether entirely engineered by himself or not). He claims Mandaric will officially confirm it tomorrow, so for now I'm more than happy to just go along with the story and see what announcement comes direct from the club.

What's the point in debating its legitimacy on here right now? Just wait until tomorrow and see what happens. If our new Owlstalk friend reappears blaming a lack of announcement tomorrow on some unspecified delay then we can rightly assume he's full of BS. If an announcement comes, then fair play. I don't see any reason to have a strong opinion either way right now.

Edited by Dan™

Guest mkowl

If the Qatari Royal Family are only buying 50%, why are they paying 30 million?..

Is it US dollars...or Qatari Riyals?

Hope it's not Riyals or we'll never get Wickham.

A £60m valuation of Swfc Ltd seems a tad optimistic based on the last accounts released this week. The club had net assets of £2m and at todays date is probably £nil assuming annual losses of at least £3m. Places a lot on future potential.

The pressing concern is that doing business via an online forum is not really the modis operandi of serious players

Afternoon all,

I have been registered for a while knowing a possible takeover may be on the cards. My source(a former employee of SWFC) has given the nod to "leak" this news. The only information i can give at this point is the takeover bid is being tabled By football agent Jonathan Hope on behalf of the Jordanian Royal family. I will give further updates as it comes to me.

Kind Regards

S.M

Lets hope they have more money than the poundland prince lol

A £60m valuation of Swfc Ltd seems a tad optimistic based on the last accounts released this week. The club had net assets of £2m and at todays date is probably £nil assuming annual losses of at least £3m. Places a lot on future potential.

The pressing concern is that doing business via an online forum is not really the modis operandi of serious players

I suppose you're paying for the potential.

Season ticket renewal time = takeover rumour by rich consortium .

We have had the Chinese , S club 7 , now its the Qutari`s .  

Different season ,same old BS .

Edited by S36 OWL