SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RUMOURED TAKEOVER BID

Guest mysteryman

I had a PM and now got the pox

tbf Mysteryman gave me the name of Jonathon Hope before this came out, but it smells more of a story to express interest publically to MM or a mis-conceived belief that MM might budge

I stick by my own view, we will know about a takeover the day the takeover happens

He gave everybody the name of Jonathon Hope in the opening post.

I'm a big doubter but have found a few links.

"Hassan al-Thawadi, the Sheffield University-educated secretary general of the organising committee, has consistently argued that hosting the World Cup can help raise standards."

IIRC, Hassan was over in Sheffield in September 2013 holding a conference/forum with the public and Five Live at Sheffield FC.

Could something or nothing.

Guest sotonowl

This isn't happening folks, it's sheardesque to me, breaking news on Owlstalk ffs, I don't think so, smells of someone clutching at straws to me.

“But the people of Scunthorpe are amazing – very supportive, very friendly. It was a pleasure getting to know the people up north. I went to watch Wednesday play and I went to Scunthorpe.

“I love London, it is my second home, but I have a close affinity with Scunthorpe and Sheffield and I look back at that time with a soft spot in my heart and keep an eye on 

“Football has played a big part for Scunthorpe and still does now with their success in the Championship. Whenever I meet people who don’t know what Scunthorpe is I tell them: ‘Scunthorpe United, it’s where Kevin Keegan started his career’. Then they know. This is what football does for towns, cities, countries – it identifies them.

“Sheffield has David Blunkett, Sir David Richards, different people who have come out of the area, it has more of a claim to fame than Scunthorpe, with Sheffield United and the Wednesday, but what football does is stimulate interest.

“It gets people together, starts a new industry, a new support. Football has unbelievable invigorating power.”

...get's a thumbs up from me...if he'd mentioned 'MASSIVE' as well I would have wet missen..