SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RUMOURED TAKEOVER BID

Guest mysteryman

I call BS if this is a serious bid, then where where they a few years ago when we couldn't get investment at a price far less than they are prepared  to pay now?

Takes a while to get the camel train together and tramp across the desert to the oasis

*Grammar Police:  "where where? Tut tut, Mr M.

If true, with all the furore that has gone on with Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid, it might be to Qatar's advantage to build bridges within a few football communities.

There'd be more of a Qatari influence if any association with Sheffield Wednesday was with the club in the Premier League though.

Still, the World Cup in Qatar is another 8 years away yet. Plenty of time.

*tongue in cheek*

Guest Deleted member

Ask yourselves

Why would they feel the need to come on Owlstalk and pre-release news of this. What do they stand to gain?

The answer is absolutely nothing. 

We all remember ALL of the press reporting that a takeover was happening and we got this instead....

Won't believe it until it is signed and sealed, its not hard for fantasists to get themselves a bit of publicity, look no further than.Geoff Sheard or the likes of MIchael Knighton.

Edited by Think tank

Ask yourselves

Why would they feel the need to come on Owlstalk and pre-release news of this. What do they stand to gain?

The answer is absolutely nothing. 

asked this very question of a couple of other people because Initially I didn't get any other answer but pork  

IF it was a done deal as is suggested what is the point why not simply wait til monday ?- the sky thing arrived on cue and named people in it but again why not all done on monday.

The only answers for me are that it is either :

• an elaborate prank not too hard to get sky press to believe in sheard/henfleetesque cons
  • or a desperate agent trying to create an acceptance euphoria that might push MM to consider something he clearly hasnt a sort of reverse warnock thingy

IF I'm wrong hey I usually am  I will be in work meetings til the afternoon so my F5 wont get bashed either  and if I'm wrong and this is all genuine I may just have a little celebration drink