SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RUMOURED TAKEOVER BID

Guest mysteryman

Takeovers..

If the was ever a more banal subject to create such a frenzy

People want a takeover - any takeover by anybody based anywhere - as long as its a takeover

They then make a lot of assumptions about the takeover

That they will invest squillions and squillions - that they will respect and keep our heritage and tradition - that they won't change our name - that they won't change our colours - that they won't move our ground and perhaps most pertinently won't move the club.

Qatar have got the world cup - they want top class football and around the world that often means the premiership (more of that later) - but they maybe won't settle for having the matches on their telly - or an exhibition match now and again against some global mega club they have paid millions for the privilege of hosting against their select team whatever...

But maybe they want the fabled 39th match - or maybe they want a round of matches - or they possibly even want their own bona fide premiership club based in Qatar. That would take money - lots of money

They have money - lots and lots of money

Now lets say their entry into this world would be to buy a club in England - get promoted to the premier (if not already there) then ship the franchise off to Qatar - they don't need a regular crowd of diehard fans honed through generations of family passing the baton down through the ages like a prized heirloom - they don't even need the riches of premier money

It can't happen you say?

Well, it wasn't that long ago that anybody would have thought India would be able to attract the VERY best cricket players on the planet to play in their domestic league.

It comes down to money ultimately - and when the big money calls then the FA and premier league start crumbling. Look at how many people have failed the "fit and proper person" test - then look at how many people have been hideously unsuitable for running some of the clubs over here.

Everybody wants a Chelsea or City type takeover - but deep down knows there are far more Pompey's, Luton's, Forests, Leeds et al than there are City.

Now, the premiership - universally mocked and ridiculed on here - yet many of the same detractors will stamp their feet and bawl like babies that we aren't chucking multi millions (that we don't have) at chasing the very thing they purport to despise.

I suppose most people would right now settle for being a Sunderland or Stoke in terms of their position - but we all know that starting every season with almost the only aim of not getting relegated would not be an attractive prospect - putting out weakened teams in the FA Cup to preserve ridiculously overpaid players to play at Palace in the league?

Then the moaning starts that we need investment - that we need better players - that so-and-so tinpot FC get small crowds but they're doing better and how can they get more money when our crowds and HUGE and their crowds are tiny - and if the current owners aren't willing/able to put the cash up then they should sell to somebody who will blah blah blah

Great...

So as fanciful as you may find the above - its worth bearing in mind

I might well be in a tiny minority but i don't mind the solid yet unspectacular progress we are seeing under MM.

I'd prefer us to take our time, develop the club sustainably and organically so we can develop a model that survives the short term lunacy that current football has become. 

It's going to get worse now there is a serious rival to Sky - the next contracts will be eye watering even by current standards - Sky is no longer going to be the market leader in football and it NEEDS to get that crown back

But all this income immediately turns to outgoings as the wealth is tipped into the pockets of players and agents - so the law of diminishing returns rules - ever more money needed just to stand still.

Be careful what you wish for

But where are the photos of the Directors box from last Saturday?

That is always a standard requirement for a takeover hoax....some shady character resembling the nationality of those intended to takeover.

Come on mysteryman - get your act together mate as I am just hopping on a plane to go to Doha and see the QIA guys themselves.

Guest Distraught!

It can't happen you say?

Well, it wasn't that long ago that anybody would have thought India would be able to attract the VERY best cricket players on the planet to play in their domestic league.

I agree with almost all of that post but I cannot see the relevance of the cricket analogy. It is not like some billionaire in India has bought a county cricket club and wants to relocate them into the subcontinent. The IPL is just a tournament that offers cricketers the chance to make more in a one month knockabout than they would normally make in a whole year. Individuals are bound to be tempted by such huge contracts for what amounts to a bit of fun in the sun. It is not comparable to a takeover situation.

Guest Jack52

Afternoon all,

I have been registered for a while knowing a possible takeover may be on the cards. My source(a former employee of SWFC)  has given the nod to "leak" this news. The only information i can give at this point is the takeover bid is being tabled By football agent Jonathan Hope on behalf of the Jordanian Royal family.  I will give further updates as it comes to me.

Kind Regards

S.M

Get a grip, SM.

post-36738-0-70272100-1393817259_thumb.j

Hi guys. I can reveal a fair amount tomorrow. Also keep your eyes peeled on sky sports news over the next 48 hours. The deal has been agreed between mm and JH. Confirmation when I wake up tomorrow morning. Thanks.

this guy is clearly Mr Hope, aka Geoff Sheard. 

done a lot of talking poo poo about takeovers of other clubs before, but surprise surprise, nothing happened

the mug just wants to get his name out there, supposedly expanding his 'brand' - well mate your brand sucks and you're a poo agent with tinpot players like akpo sodje lol

we don't need anymore crap, we have enough already thank you

have a great day now  :ls:

Guest Deleted member

A little bit of googling on Jonathan Hope - and we have this 

On the John Brown scenario:

Last night at Ibrox the question was asked "Who is backing you, John?"

John Brown responded "I can't tell you that, as the media will dig dirt and hound them out." Really? Why would that be?

The guy who represents Gordon Smith and Miguel Hamutenya is Jonathan Hope. Here are his two clients at signing talks 

http://nfs.stvfiles.com/imagebase/30...h-aberdeen.jpg

Miguel Hamutenya is a 19 year old Namibian footballer who just happens to have a rich dad. That dad paid £50K for a stake in a company.

Miguel never had a hope in hell of obtaining a work permit but that didn't stop him from having a lengthy trial at RFC overseen by Smith.

Smith who oversaw Miguel's trial is the same Gordon Smith who turned down a DoF role at Liverpool. Yes Liverpool.http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...-out-liverpool

"Former Rangers director Gordon Smith has formally withdrawn his interest in becoming Liverpool’s new director of football."

The fantasist who informed us that Gordon wasn't interested in Liverpool was Jonathan Hope, Co-Director of Millenium Football Management Ltd. Hope who is today promising to put in a seven figure sum into Sevco to back John Brown is co-director of a company with a 19 y.o. Namibian.

Did that 19 y.o. Namibian have to invest £50K in order to be touted around Scottish football. Touted to Smith & Hope's "friend" Craig Pa Broon?

Jonathan Hope is also allegedly a boxing promoter. His Boxing promotions are heavily involved with Vaughan Boxing. You may know the name. Yes Vaughan Boxing. The Vaughans also have a football history. They were the first to fail the FA's Fit & Proper test as @twoht will confirm

Now Hope is a fantasist but is a fantasist with connections. Fit and Proper connections though? It is unclear if he is backing Brown. Browns boxing connections are very clear though. If I were a Sevco fan the first thing I would want to know was if they were backing him?

Remember Brown's words again, "Who is backing you, John?" 

"I can't tell you that, as the media will dig dirt and hound them out."

So a direct question I would ask of John Brown today is, the following. Are you being backed by Barry Hughes?

And if Jonathan Hope really is backing Brown's bid what effect will his forthcoming court appearances for Assault to Injury have on his backing?

As Mr Hope has been so vocal on Twitter in the past 24 hours perhaps he can explain why he was charged in Annan JP Court on June 14th ? What were the circumstances which led Mr Hope being charged with Assault to Injury & in does this make him a Fit & Proper person?

Perhaps the former SFA Chief Exec Gordon Smith & client of Jonathan Hope could answer that last question. Is Mr Hope a Fit & Proper Person?

Mr Hope will re-appear in Dumfries JP court on July 17th. Good luck with your bid.

Guest Deleted member

Also Mr Hope in an interview on boxing - says this (I wont print it all as its the web link to his company thats key here)

What is your involvement in other sports?

I have been a football agent for seven years now and have a massive stable of players – 54 to be exact – and each one I treat the same,  regardless of status. I have Premiership players to youth players. My website is www.milleniumfootballmanagement.co.uk and it’s worth a browse. I have some things on there but some I have to keep confidential. The site shows a little of what I do.

Guest Deleted member

Hope also acted as agent for Gordon Smith - formerly of Glasgow Rangers.

In this article hope claims to have been discussiing Smith with Liverpool as a prospective Director of Football. He claims to have withdrawn him from the role. This article was 31st May 2012 - http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/05/31/3138811/former-rangers-director-gordon-smith-rules-out-liverpool

In this article - one year later - Smith is declared bankrupt. - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-legend-gordon-smith-declared-1925160

Qatari investors are in talks to buy second tier English professional football club Sheffield Wednesday, according to reports.

Sky Sports News said that owner Milan Mandaric, who saved the Championship side from administration four years ago, had entered into talks with an unnamed Gulf consortium, whose interest is being fronted by football agent Jonathan Hope.

The website said that a number of groups had expressed an interest in taking over the former Premier League side, but that talks with the Qataris were now at an advanced stage.

"The club wanted an investor in terms of a buy-out and I have found a solution," Hope told Sky Sports. "My team have been working endlessly to occupy the requirements set out by Milan Mandaric and find an investor.

"We believe we have now met this and we have agreed a suitable deal which will see the Qatari investors take control of the club and investing substantial amounts in every department to get Sheffield Wednesday back up to the Premier League where they belong and should be,” he added.

Founded in 1867, Sheffield Wednesday is one of England’s oldest professional clubs. The club has fallen on hard times recently however and has not played in the country’s top division since 2000.

Last year, city rivals Sheffield United were bought by Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, a grandson of Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz, who acquired a 50 percent stake in the club for just £1 ($1.56).

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/qatar-eyes-english-football-club-sheffield-wednesday-541086.html?

Milan has rumbled him and told him to do one then? Thought so. Why do we attract these characters?

To give our fans their due, nobody actually went for this one hook line and sinker. There was plenty of scepticism and thought about whether it seemed plausible or not and most came down on the not side.

Guest Deleted member

Heres Jonny Hope talking about a player he represents - Miguel Hamutenya - and how he pulled his trial at Aberdeen and moved him to Morecambe

Hamutenya made no appearances at Morecambe - and is now plying his trade at second division Strommen in Norway

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/aberdeen/299557-miguel-hamutenyas-agent-calls-off-aberdeen-trial/

Guest Deleted member

I hope this transpires properly before theowlsman wastes a load of time and money rushing off to watch him play cricket