David Stockdale

Just throwing this out there....maybe DM likes Dawson but is still unsure on whether hes no1 material, maybe this is the plan 🤔 .......try and get David Stockdale in as experienced number 1, loan Dawson back out to Exeter (now in Lg1) - with dont play against us in contract, see what we does in this league have wildsmith as no2. This Gives Dawson game time to progress and allows us to see if he's any good in our league.🤷‍♂️

How can anyone be against this?

Loads of experience, on a free and kept the joint most clean sheets last season which proves he is still more than good enough for the level we're at

It's a no-brainer really

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

The same people complaining about his age (which really isn't that old for a keeper) would be the same ones complaining if we signed some young, inexperienced kid. 

Always the same. 

No he the same age as Kieren Westwood and its the same people saying he'd be a good signing, that said we needed to get rid of Westwood because he was too old and injured.

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

He's here NEGATIVE nigel

It happy clapper - get excited about signing a 37 year old player.

I bet you will be watching the real time laying of the new pitch to bring some excitement into you life.WTF:

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No he the same age as Kieren Westwood and its the same people saying he'd be a good signing, that said we needed to get rid of Westwood because he was too old and injured.

Stockdale turns up at Christmas.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

From what I understand there is interest…. Interest from DM in signing very old players.

On what planet do the club think he’s good enough if wycombe don’t want him

anymore. 

Unless he’s come into play second fiddle to Dawson. 

Wycombe have offered him a new contract. 

57 minutes ago, Marro said:

At least DM has correctly identified that Westwood and Dawson are not good enough to be first choice going into next season if we are aiming for promotion.   

Has Westwood re-signed 🙂

Edited by sexpistol

57 minutes ago, Marro said:

At least DM has correctly identified that Westwood and Dawson are not good enough to be first choice going into next season if we are aiming for promotion.   

I'd hope he's clocked onto the fact Westwood isn't up to it given he hasn't been with the club for over a season now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Did anyone see the goal he let in against Sunderland at Wembley, he certainly didn't 😉 

I really do hate that winky face emoji.

Just want to punch him in the face.

Not the poster, the emoji.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

About what?

People moaning about a POSSIBLE signing of a 36 year old keeper.

Let's see if he signs,how he plays, and judge him then,eh?

Not before he's even played for us.

You're moaning more about people moaning than there are people moaning

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, BadBoy1762 said:

Just throwing this out there....maybe DM likes Dawson but is still unsure on whether hes no1 material, maybe this is the plan 🤔 .......try and get David Stockdale in as experienced number 1, loan Dawson back out to Exeter (now in Lg1) - with dont play against us in contract, see what we does in this league have wildsmith as no2. This Gives Dawson game time to progress and allows us to see if he's any good in our league.🤷‍♂️

You don't need to stipulate that, it's already in the rules of the game

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

If we start with choice of Dawson or Stockdale, one had a great season ending in promotion, the other kept 18 clean sheets and got to the playoff final

Looks very positive to me 

If we sign Stockdale, wouldn't we be better selling Dawson and keeping Wildsmith?

Assume Stockdale would be moving to the number one. Wildsmith would be on lower wages than Dawson and we should be able to get a modest transfer fee for Dawson too. Plus there's not really been much difference in Dawson and Wildsmith's performances for us. I do think Dawson has a higher ceiling than Wildsmith, but I'm not sure he's going to reach it here.