David Stockdale

Was impressed by him in the playoffs, and always thought he was decent.

The stats back up the great season he had last year, shown by this article:

"Stockdale, previously of Fulham, Brighton and Hove Albion and Birmingham City, faced the most shots (185) in the league. He kept the third-best save percentage across the division (73.2 per cent). His impressive form in between the sticks saw Stockdale earn the League One golden glove alongside Plymouth Argyle's Michael Cooper."

He's a solid short term option to get us up.

9 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

"Stockdale, previously of Fulham, Brighton and Hove Albion and Birmingham City, faced the most shots (185) in the league. He kept the third-best save percentage across the division (73.2 per cent). His impressive form in between the sticks saw Stockdale earn the League One golden glove alongside Plymouth Argyle's Michael Cooper."

Impressed in the play offs, I repeat did you see the 1st goal he let in against Sunderland at Wembley, I know his stats were impressive but the way Wycombe defend as a team is a lot to do with his stats. To old for imo

20 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

If we sign Stockdale, wouldn't we be better selling Dawson and keeping Wildsmith?

Assume Stockdale would be moving to the number one. Wildsmith would be on lower wages than Dawson and we should be able to get a modest transfer fee for Dawson too. Plus there's not really been much difference in Dawson and Wildsmith's performances for us. I do think Dawson has a higher ceiling than Wildsmith, but I'm not sure he's going to reach it here.

i think we should sell dawson ,1 reason is the abuse he got in his last game before lockdown ,brentford away when we lost 5-0 .the atmosphere was toxic and dawson who was within toughing distance got dogs abuse . all he needs is 1-2 mistakes and the abuse will be back.  last season peacock made loads of howlers can you imagine if that was dawson and the flak he would get.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Good keeper, great competition for the No.1 shirt - what's not to like?

Only issue i have with aging players is we cant seem to keep them off the treatment table,even if they come with a decent track record.....ie Stockdale comes,gets a lenthy injury meaning Dawson has to cover,and if he goes to pieces its end of season before we even get going....

We MUST set off and REMAIN in the auto;s

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marro said:

At least DM has correctly identified that Westwood and Dawson are not good enough to be first choice going into next season if we are aiming for promotion.   

Or even 'Wildsmith' and Dawson....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem is we had one of the oldest squads in this division last yr ,If we go up How many players will we need  next year ,Moore who i am 100% behind said we would be looking at younger players to get the age of the squad down,  All we can do is hope we can ,Early days yet ,Still think some Younger players will join 1st of July when contracts have run out.

2 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

He is a decent keeper...certainly better than Dawson and wildsmith at this time. In time Dawson will improve but prefer Stockdale as 1st choice for this season if we signed him.