David Stockdale

19 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Dawson will be 27 when the season starts, he's not a kid anymore.

You're right. I would have preferred to have Dawson as our number one next season.

However, it had been reported that the club is looking for a new goalkeeper. Accepting that fact, I do prefer an older goalkeeper as it means, that Dawson might be able to take over soon.

Signing somebody younger would have destroyed any hope, that we could keep Dawson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good signing. An experienced keeper who played every minute of the season for a team who lost in the play off final, and a keeper who won promotion from league 2. Age is just a number for a keeper let’s be right. A lot of top keeper play into their late 30’s. He’ll be a good figure to have around the place im sure, hence why Ainsworth wanted to keep him on. But moving back up north will be an appeal to him at his age 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sw1867 said:

Think it’s a good signing if he can cut out the sh*thousing time wasting.

*I know he will have been instructed to do this by the long haired sh*thouse

It's only sh1thousing if he plays for the opposition though.

If he was playing for us it would become "Game Management"lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, vulva said:

36 is 28 in dog years. Really good signing in my opinion. I don’t like young keepers.I like a big experienced lump in the net. 

Agreed, Bywater was that character and I don’t believe Stockdale will make same mistakes BPF did last season. Solid, dependable signing should it get done. 

• Like 3

Seen a few comments saying we should be signing a younger keeper - all well and good but they won't get the time to develop their game and make mistakes to learn from - this happened with Dawson and Wildsmith and currently any young keeper making mistakes whilst "learning their trade" would soon get hammered by the fans.

I see this as a good piece of business if it goes through, good experienced head, knows the league but has played higher. Got a good record from last season and can share his knowledge of the game with the younger keepers that we may actually be able to develop and could have really high potential.

1 hour ago, Sefton owl said:

From what I understand there is interest…. Interest from DM in signing very old players.

On what planet do the club think he’s good enough if wycombe don’t want him

anymore. 

Unless he’s come into play second fiddle to Dawson. 

You don’t think a keeper that got to playoff final with Wycombe is good enough to get promoted this time around with our squad over Wycombes  I’d be more asking what planet you on on 

for the record he’s been offered a contract by Wycombe so I’m just guessing at here and don’t hold me to it it might be a crazy assumption from me but here goes Wycombe may still want him 

we need a senior keeper 

I also think Dawson might be the one preferred as number one I hope he is 

controversial I know and I think there’s quite a section of our fan base that has written Dawson off but I think he will be good in league abs if even day he won’t do half as many bloopers as BFP did 

promotion is the aim this deal is perfect for us keeps more of what we might spend on other positions free and we can upgrade the position again next year if Dawson doesn’t own it 

we will probably be offering a 1 year with an option to extend 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You don’t think a keeper that got to playoff final with Wycombe is good enough to get promoted this time around with our squad over Wycombes  I’d be more asking what planet you on on 

for the record he’s been offered a contract by Wycombe so I’m just guessing at here and don’t hold me to it it might be a crazy assumption from me but here goes Wycombe may still want him 

we need a senior keeper 

I also think Dawson might be the one preferred as number one I hope he is 

controversial I know and I think there’s quite a section of our fan base that has written Dawson off but I think he will be good in league abs if even day he won’t do half as many bloopers as BFP did 

promotion is the aim this deal is perfect for us keeps more of what we might spend on other positions free and we can upgrade the position again next year if Dawson doesn’t own it 

we will probably be offering a 1 year with an option to extend 

I agree, probably going to have 2 keepers vying for the shirt, competition should be good