David Stockdale

2 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

From what I understand there is interest…. Interest from DM in signing very old players.

On what planet do the club think he’s good enough if wycombe don’t want him

anymore. 

Unless he’s come into play second fiddle to Dawson. 

Maybe he doesn't want to play for Wycombe anymore?  Just saying

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

You're right. I would have preferred to have Dawson as our number one next season.

However, it had been reported that the club is looking for a new goalkeeper. Accepting that fact, I do prefer an older goalkeeper as it means, that Dawson might be able to take over soon.

Signing somebody younger would have destroyed any hope, that we could keep Dawson.

Dawson is beyond awful!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Keeper is a bit different to outfield positions. 

Plenty of keepers play well into their mid to late 30s. 

Stockdale just kept the highest number of clean sheets for a team who finished a few points behind us. 

Shilton was 47 when he retired. Seaman was 40

• Like 1

No thanks ... too many mistakes ... too slow and passed it

If we want to get out of this league then we need better !!

How he won Golden Glove is beyond me .. saying that Wycombe defence did park the buss for 89 minutes of a game so he had nowt to do most of the time.

• Like 2

Good signing if it happens. He will be solid. May not make some of the worldies that BPF is capable of but won’t make the howlers either. Will be totally unfazed by the expectation at Hillsboro and is a strong enough character to organise the defence and keep them on their toes. 6ft3 so a decent unit 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, S25OWL said:

No thanks ... too many mistakes ... too slow and passed it

If we want to get out of this league then we need better !!

How he won Golden Glove is beyond me .. saying that Wycombe defence did park the buss for 89 minutes of a game so he had nowt to do most of the time.

He won the Golden Glove by keeping 18 clean sheets. He faced the most shots (185) in the league and had the third-best save percentage (73.2 per cent). Doesn’t seem like he made too many mistakes. Nothing to suggest he’s past it………. but I’m sure you know best 

52154F47-484B-4368-8C9A-F2476D8B620C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

There is a save he made that always stuck in my mind for Brighton, think it was from Hooper or Fletcher on the break heading across goal.

Hooper.

Quick break from their attack. Just before HT. Would have been a superb goal and eased all the tension at 4-1.