David Stockdale

2 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

That article also said that Ainsworth was full of praise for him and called him the best keeper in the division last season.

Will be a big kick in the teeth for them, but Stockdale only has one choice here surely- join the massive.

He won't if he's read this thread 😀

8 hours ago, GermanBird said:

You're right. I would have preferred to have Dawson as our number one next season.

However, it had been reported that the club is looking for a new goalkeeper. Accepting that fact, I do prefer an older goalkeeper as it means, that Dawson might be able to take over soon.

Signing somebody younger would have destroyed any hope, that we could keep Dawson.

We've been saying Dawson might be able to take over soon for 6 years. Dawson won't want to stay and be a number 2. Not at 27. I would think Wildsmith would be the same but we have offered him a deal. Can't have all three.

44 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

What a self promoting egotistical tail.....and he's crap

But sadly I’d rather have him starting than ‘cammy’ or ..wildsmith...we really are in a goalkeeping pickle..what’s that gurkin uptoo who used to play for Cardiff??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Saw him in the playoffs and he looked thick set and a bit immobile I thought.

I saw him close up at Wycombe..he had food all to do tbh but kept falling over and needing their pretend oxygen n stuff...there’s got to be better out there

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Be a good signing. Capable of being number 1 but also at the age where he can be number 2 to support Dawson.

Clever from Moore if it goes through.

We have offered wildsmith a new deal...where he does he fit into this ‘clever’ master plan??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Weve had all season to identify a decent keeper at the right age, if Stockdales the best they could conjure up. Id be seriously worried.

It’s worrying but not surprising...and I’d be even more worried if they weren’t looking for another keeper 🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1