David Stockdale

Like. 

Peoples moans about Dawson are that he was fantastic last season ‘in league two’ but he isn’t a ‘league one keeper’. Whatever that means.

We’re now signing a solid league one keeper and that’s also bad? Sure he’s 36 but keepers can play forever.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Like I’ve said in the other thread.

It means we’ll head into the season with a very experienced keeper who was statistically the best keeper in this league last season. And a younger keeper who’s still got plenty of games under his belt, and was one of league two’s stronger keepers last season & is now hopefully full of confidence and ready to be our number one

Both won’t have cost us a penny in transfer fees. Neither take up a loan space. Both Yorkshire lads which I do also value. 

Last time we went up from this league we did so with Stephen Bywater in net. 

No keeper at this level will be perfect. 

I genuinely don’t see the grumbles 😂

Worth noting that Stockdale typically wears number 13 so if he isn’t given number 1 it isn’t really telling of anything.

Couldn't agree more. 

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

It means we’ll head into the season with a very experienced keeper who was statistically the best keeper in this league last season. And a younger keeper who’s still got plenty of games under his belt, and was one of league two’s stronger keepers last season & is now hopefully full of confidence and ready to be our number one

Both won’t have cost us a penny in transfer fees. Neither take up a loan space. Both Yorkshire lads which I do also value. 

Worth noting that Stockdale typically wears number 13 so if he isn’t given number 1 it isn’t really telling of anything.

Fair enough 

Guest hirstysfags
4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Like. 

Peoples moans about Dawson are that he was fantastic last season ‘in league two’ but he isn’t a ‘league one keeper’. Whatever that means.

We’re now signing a solid league one keeper and that’s also bad? Sure he’s 36 but keepers can play forever.

Similar to Pukki. They fall in the gap of too good for Championship but not good enough for the PL

4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Wasn't convinced when I first read about Stockdale, but I agree with all of this and you're absolutely right.

Gives us that experience we've not really had since Westwood left (or while Westwood was still here but unavailable for various reasons), gives us breathing room to make a proper assessment on Dawson, and takes care of the position while we spend resources elsewhere.

• Like 5

From what I understand there is interest…. Interest from DM in signing very old players.

On what planet do the club think he’s good enough if wycombe don’t want him

anymore. 

Unless he’s come into play second fiddle to Dawson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Sefton owl said:

From what I understand there is interest…. Interest from DM in signing very old players.

anymore. 

He's been offered a new deal by Wycombe, so they do want him, but he's out of contract end of month and can't stop him leaving if he doesn't sign with them again.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

anymore. 

Wycombe have offered him a new contract.