5 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Liverpool squad is very close to City's now 

They have 4 excellent centre halfs, good full backs and cover (not RB cover) 

Good CM options and 5 good options up top, though Firminio is on the downwards part of his career now I reckon 

I disagree.

I think Liverpool are very good at what they do but, the top teams have figured them out.

Madrid defending so deep was by design. The top teams are dropping deeper, stopping the crosses and exploiting the space their full backs leave. 

Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago are all good players but, none get in the Madrid or, City side for me.

Just a hunch but, I can see them struggling next year.

• Like 1

There were probably a lot of peed off Liverpool fans there having had a nightmare journey to get there with flights cancelled and getting stuck for hours in queues to get on ferries. 

What happens if you buy a forged ticket? Surely you get in and the seat is already taken by the genuine ticket? 

Then you have thousands in the stadium that shouldn’t be there and making unsafe. 

• Like 3

Interesting but predictable how quiet the self-flagellating, 'England fans are scum we deserve to be kicked out of all competitions' English people have gone now that it's Liverpool fans, compared with the reaction when England fans did exactly the same thing last summer.

Barely a peep on the scenes last night on mainstream media, and the English self-flagellation mob on Twitter (and on here) have either gone really quiet or are making excuses.

You'd have thought Liverpool fans would behave better and would set a good example, considering they're not English and that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Rogers said:

What happens if you buy a forged ticket? Surely you get in and the seat is already taken by the genuine ticket? 

Then you have thousands in the stadium that shouldn’t be there and making unsafe. 

Buying a forged ticket doesn’t automatically put thousands of people in the stadium.

Whoever is at fault it’s a total poo show. 

Football is being marred on the smallest to the biggest of occasions. 

As great a spectacle that football can be, it can’t be worth all this misbehaving and other poo we’ve seen recently. 

It’s a good job that was the last game for a while (I think)

I do think ticketing allocation needs to be addressed.  It’s no longer for the fans. It’s for how many palms fifa/uefa/fa can grease. 

I mean Sadiq fūckin Kahn was there. They don’t come any more greasy than him. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

Nobody was displaying this attitude when Rangers took a reported 70,000 fans to Seville.

I despise Liverpool but, can any of you really tell me that you’d refuse a ticket to watch Wednesday in the final? 

The videos I’ve seen show fans by and large behaving themselves very well. I’ve seen the ones of a few fans scaling the fences but, let’s not pretend that’s just the Liverpool fans because it wasn’t.

Fans are encouraged to travel to support their team. UEFA actively endorsed Rangers fans without tickets travelling. 

I think it's the white washing that happens with Liverpool that's the issue regarding Hillsborough.

All clubs would have fans turn up without tickets to a big game and try to blag/force there way in but if something goes wrong then you have to hold your hands up not pretend it didn't happen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

I disagree.

I think Liverpool are very good at what they do but, the top teams have figured them out.

Madrid defending so deep was by design. The top teams are dropping deeper, stopping the crosses and exploiting the space their full backs leave. 

Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago are all good players but, none get in the Madrid or, City side for me.

Just a hunch but, I can see them struggling next year.

This might sound strange of a team that’s just reached every final possible and took the league to the final day, but I think this Liverpool team has an air of the end of the road about it.

Twice now Liverpool have put everything into a league season that they’d have won in almost any other year, and it’s still not been enough. Twice now under Klopp they’ve gone almost all the way in Europe and lost a final. Klopp is back to where he was with Dortmund, finding Bayern insurmountable. Key players are starting to just show signs that they might be tailing off or perhaps even moving on. 

Liverpool have been incredible, but the mentality and effort it takes to play the way they do, as consistently as they have to, as often as they have - and the mental toll it will take to STILL not get the biggest rewards.. that has a shelf life.

It might not be next season or even the season after, but at some point soon I think Liverpool will finish 20 points behind City and end up without a trophy. And it’ll have been coming when it happens.

Merseyside Police - "The vast majority of fans behaved in an exemplary manner"

Well that's the problem isn't it, nobody ever acknowledges the existence of or puts the blame on the unruly minority, and the fanbase portrays themselves as whiter than white. 

• Like 3