9 hours ago, scram said:

If some fans aren't even prepared to countenance that really shyte organisation and really over zealous policing were also at play - then please shut the f*ck up next time it happens to you as a fan

You quite literally made the point yourself only a few pages ago that it's possible to hold both Liverpool fans AND the authorities to account for what happened on Saturday.

No one's saying the authorities haven't got anything to answer for - they obviously made a massive f*ck up of it all. People on here are focusing on the fact that the Liverpool fans were clearly at fault as well, because of the audible silence by the mainstream media on it all. 

Criticising Liverpool fans' behaviour isn't akin to saying the that the authorities are blameless, obviously. Like I was saying before, some people who don't support Liverpool get really funny when you criticise Liverpool fans. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

You quite literally made the point yourself only a few pages ago that it's possible to hold both Liverpool fans AND the authorities to account for what happened on Saturday.

No one's saying the authorities haven't got anything to answer for - they obviously made a massive f*ck up of it all. People on here are focusing on the fact that the Liverpool fans were clearly at fault as well, because of the audible silence by the mainstream media on it all. 

Criticising Liverpool fans' behaviour isn't akin to saying the that the authorities are blameless, obviously. Like I was saying before, some people who don't support Liverpool get really funny when you criticise Liverpool fans. 

I've absolutely no issue with people calling out Liverpool fans

I've done it myself enough over the years

What I was specifically referring to is the kind of notion that dreadful organisation and completely overreacting against peaceful law abiding fans is OK because Liverpool...

Its never okay

• Like 1

Regardless of whatever team you support you have to be some level of w@nker to go to a massive game without a ticket or a fake one.

People worked hard for the money to buy the tickets.  

Imagine barging to a seat and pretending it's yours.  I was thinking im going to get into a fight here when I had to get someone to move out of my seat versus Sunderland, you don't need that.  When Liverpool played in Athens you could clearly see the stairwells were completely packed and it was getting tense.  Some people literally don't give a f.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, scram said:

I've absolutely no issue with people calling out Liverpool fans

I've done it myself enough over the years

What I was specifically referring to is the kind of notion that dreadful organisation and completely overreacting against peaceful law abiding fans is OK because Liverpool...

Its never okay

Agreed.

It seems the way the French police acted and the way the whole thing was handled is gaining quite a bit of traction, so hopefully something will be done. Won't hold my breath though.

I've heard grim stories from some of my Chelsea mates about the way they've been dealt with following them in Europe over the years - particularly in Spain and France. Again though you look at how their fans carry on abroad and it's easy to see why, not that it makes it right for the innocent ones.

• Like 1

Tbf, there are some clips doing the rounds of French police walking up to what appear to be pretty normal Liverpool fans and spraying them in the face with pepper spray. 

Looks like we've got some moronic Liverpool fans doing what they do and the police indiscriminately targeting anyone. 

All in all, a complete sh*tshow for all concerned.  

• Like 2

French authorities saying thousands of fans were there with fake or without tickets which caused the problems. I'm sure they'll have no problems proving this via cctv and bodycam footage etc. Thousands of fans will be easy to spot and there'll be loads of footage. All they have to do is show everyone that it actually happened and everyone will realise. 

My view at the moment is that they were worried about trouble and the measures they took caused problems. Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy type thing. We saw that in 89. The police were so intent on keeping fans apart they lost sight of what was actually happening and their measures contributed to the disaster. 

• Like 1

Watched a live feed from outside the stadium from the Madrid end.

Saw the riot police running down the underpass and walking three or four arrested people back to the riot vans.

Those arrested were not wearing colours and had the appearance of Middle Eastern descent. 

Liverpool fans were saying local youths were threatening with knives, looks like the police over reacted with the tear gas.

After visiting Anfield in the past and having four of our fans put in Waltham hospital with knife wounds, my sympathies for them end there.

Coverage on Sky Sports News is so one sided is untrue

Had a crowd control expert on just now. Happy to make all sorts of unfounded generalisations about the French police, UEFA etc. but won't entertain the idea that Liverpool fans had any part to play, as we "shouldn't jump to any conclusions, and should rely on an evidenced based approach"

It's like watching RT

• Like 2

Firstly, thank fizz for that result. A Lolerpool win would have been horrific and never ending, so i'm over the moon with the result. Secondly, their fans are an absolute disgrace, yes the police haven't covered themselves in glory one bit, but we've never heard of any of those incidents before at finals around europe or at that stadium, can't just be a coincidence can it? The scousers will have 100% contributed to them actions been taken, it's not like they don't have history.

On to the match, Liverpool look exhausted. In fairness they've played in every single game available this season, think it's their 63rd? That's a monumental effort. They huffed and puffed but never really dominated the game in my opinion, 2 world class saves from Courtois mind. Madrid have a lovely blend of experience in Benzema, the midfield 3 and Carvajal, mixed with wonderkids in Rodrygo, Vini and Camavinga. And a special mention for Militao, the best defender on the planet and a defender who will dominate the position for the next 15 years. He's the next Ramos/Varane without a shadow of a doubt.

BT coverage, Owen is the absolute pits of a pundit. Harping on after the game about them being the best side in Europe, even though they haven't even won their own domestic league and bottled the biggest club competition too. The love in with 'Macca,' Crouch, Owen and Gerrard was unbearable, usually hate Rio too but i'm glad he was smug and dead against Liverpool, it certainly needed that on the panel.

• Like 1

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not generalising about prior horrific events, but find all this coverage and whining about the champions league final very tedious. 

Liverpool always the victims, always blameless and not always the case. 

As it happens couldn't give a tosss about the champions league, dont watch it, bores me to death, the same teams every year and sycophantic pundits talking testicles. I do mind it invading my news feed though. 

French police heavy handed, liverpool fans bell ends, hardly a surprise is it, or what was likely to happen.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Apparently, one of Andy Robertson's mates got told his tickets were fake...:duntmatter:

Seen his interview, it wouldn't be first time a real ticket hasn't worked on scanner at a turnstile. 

1 hour ago, striker said:

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not generalising about prior horrific events, but find all this coverage and whining about the champions league final very tedious. 

Liverpool always the victims, always blameless and not always the case. 

As it happens couldn't give a tosss about the champions league, dont watch it, bores me to death, the same teams every year and sycophantic pundits talking testicles. I do mind it invading my news feed though. 

French police heavy handed, liverpool fans bell ends, hardly a surprise is it, or what was likely to happen.  

I take it you’ve not seen the videos of the French police pepper spraying patient crowds of fans?

I have no problem calling out any fans that broke the rules but,  the way football fans as a whole are treat is horrendous, regardless of who the clubs involved are.

Do you think pepper spraying an innocent by stander wearing a Liverpool shirt is acceptable because SOME morons have fake tickets? The vast majority of the fans there on Saturday evening were victims. When we start realising that instead of cheap point scoring, we may get some traction.

I heard numerous reports in the radio of journalists being bundled into rooms and, forced to delete footage of how the authorities were dealing with the situation. I have no way to verify this information but, if true, what does it say about what was really going off Saturday?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Regardless of whatever team you support you have to be some level of w@nker to go to a massive game without a ticket or a fake one.

People worked hard for the money to buy the tickets.  

Imagine barging to a seat and pretending it's yours.  I was thinking im going to get into a fight here when I had to get someone to move out of my seat versus Sunderland, you don't need that.  When Liverpool played in Athens you could clearly see the stairwells were completely packed and it was getting tense.  Some people literally don't give a f.

In total agreement.

I don't get it either.

If Wednesday ever got a Euro final, or even any big game really, if i couldn't get a ticket through the official channels then I'd stay at home and watch it on TV.

At no point would I think 'sod it, I'll go anyways, spend loads on travel, accommodation and food and drink then pay way over face value for a fake from some random website / bloke outside the stadium or just gatecrash my way in and then look forward to getting into a fight with the guy who bought his seat legitimately.'

Is that the thought process?

Or am I missing something?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

In total agreement.

I don't get it either.

If Wednesday ever got a Euro final, or even any big game really, if i couldn't get a ticket through the official channels then I'd stay at home and watch it on TV.

At no point would I think 'sod it, I'll go anyways, spend loads on travel, accommodation and food and drink then pay way over face value for a fake from some random website / bloke outside the stadium or just gatecrash my way in and then look forward to getting into a fight with the guy who bought his seat legitimately.'

Is that the thought process?

Or am I missing something?

I have no issue with fans going out there without a ticket.

Be part of the experience (Albeit not the actual match experience). Soaking in the atmosphere and enjoying yourself with fellow fans. 

But to buy a ticket at way over the odds from somewhere/someone you do not know is idiotic. 

To then try and force you way in after been denied is even more idiotic and it's this kind of behaviour that causes crushes, riots and whatnot. 

I've not read much about it, so I'm not going to blame anyone without knowing any facts, but just seen the French saying it was the fake tickets on an "Industrial scale" that caused it. If this is the case, there must have been thousands of fake tickets. Imagine all these queuing and getting turned away with some trying to barge their way in. Must have been scary for your normal fan who bought his ticket legit. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

French authorities saying thousands of fans were there with fake or without tickets which caused the problems. I'm sure they'll have no problems proving this via cctv and bodycam footage etc. Thousands of fans will be easy to spot and there'll be loads of footage. All they have to do is show everyone that it actually happened and everyone will realise. 

My view at the moment is that they were worried about trouble and the measures they took caused problems. Bit of a self fulfilling prophecy type thing. We saw that in 89. The police were so intent on keeping fans apart they lost sight of what was actually happening and their measures contributed to the disaster. 

Would have to be pretty good cctv or bodycam footage to distinguish between a fake ticket from a real one.

• Like 1