13 minutes ago, scram said:

Not staggering imo

They chose to totally waste money on Grealish instead of buying  Harry Kane which would see them champions of europe 

Margins...

I’d be willing to bet Haaland gets them over that line for a cheaper price.

Maybe more than once, too.

• Like 1

Will Liverpool be held to account if any of there fans are found out to be attempting to enter with fake tickets/climbing over walls?

Are they exempt from criticism?

It's easier to gather evidence now as most people have camera phones.

I hope there's a full enquiry cos a section of their fans are constantly trying to take the p@ss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’d be willing to bet Haaland gets them over that line for a cheaper price.

Maybe more than once, too.

We'll see

Kane is a time served proven PL striker

I remember when Jadon Sancho ripped the Bundesliga to bits

If Haaland replicates his Dortmund form at City then they'd likely be unbeatable

But they should have out Madrid out if sight in both games

Thats a weakness at the top level that needs to be eradicated

For that team not to have won the CL is almost bizarre 

And a failing

At the last place I worked at one of the managers was a Scouser and one night in a pub in Hartlepool of all places me him and a Unitedite had a very frank heated exchange of views about Hillsborough. If anything the Unitedite was more critical of the Liverpool fans than I was. A few weeks later he was in my office saying he was going to one of the big matches they had coming up. I said how did you get a ticket for that then? He just smiled and said, we’ll just go, we’ll get in somehow don’t you worry. 
The irony was lost on him

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, scram said:

We'll see

If Haaland replicates his Dortmund form at City then they'd likely be unbeatable

And a failing

I think there’s a big difference between Jadon Sancho at last seasons Manchester United and Haaland arriving at City.

Haaland’s scoring record is frightening and he’s a physical freak. Build your perfect striker in a lab and he pretty much walks out looking like Haaland, with the scoring stats to back it up (so far). Talk about having all the tools.. I think Haaland is the real deal.

Maybe he won’t hit the ground running in the PL - it happens - but in that City team under Pep? As I say, if I’m putting a wager on it..

Edited by sheffield_dave

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I think there’s a big difference between Jadon Sancho at last seasons Manchester United and Haaland arriving at City.

Haaland’s scoring record is frightening and he’s a physical freak. Build your perfect striker in a lab and he pretty much walks out looking like Haaland, with the scoring stats to back it up (so far). Talk about having all the tools.. I think Haaland is the real deal.

Maybe he won’t hit the ground running in the PL - it happens - but in that City team under Pep? As I say, if I’m putting a wager on it..

There isn't a  big difference in expectation which is why Man U paid so much for Sancho - surprised you dont accept the analogy tbh

We may be comparing chalk with cheese but it's a valid comparison imo

City suffered massively from not buying Kane - again imo

14 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

At the last place I worked at one of the managers was a Scouser and one night in a pub in Hartlepool of all places me him and a Unitedite had a very frank heated exchange of views about Hillsborough. If anything the Unitedite was more critical of the Liverpool fans than I was. A few weeks later he was in my office saying he was going to one of the big matches they had coming up. I said how did you get a ticket for that then? He just smiled and said, we’ll just go, we’ll get in somehow don’t you worry. 
The irony was lost on him

The same thing happened to me before Hillsborough. Liverpool fan asked me to change a shift so he could go to.the match. I asked him if he had a ticket he said he hadn't but not to worry him and his mates would do what they usually did and rush a gate. I didn't swap with him 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

Leopards and spots.

ssn already peddling the excuses.

UEFA laying the blame on thousands of Liverpool fans trying to get in with forged tickets and causing a bottleneck at the turnstiles

3 minutes ago, scram said:

There isn't a  big difference in expectation which is why Man U paid so much for Sancho - surprised you dont accept the analogy tbh

We may be comparing chalk with cheese but it's a valid comparison imo

City suffered massively from not buying Kane - again imo

I don’t think pre-signing expectations do factor into it, no. 

Manchester City are one of the best football teams on the planet managed by someone with a legitimate claim to be the greatest manager of all time. They are a winning machine with 4 titles in 5 years.

Manchester United are - currently - an absolute car crash. A directionless mess that’s had 2 managers this season, both failing to manage a tune out of anyone but Ronaldo, with an allegedly dire dressing room and squad morale.

Both players might cost £70m or thereabouts, and come with big expectations, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a massive difference between the situations they arrive in.

I’m also not disputing that City should have bought Kane instead of Grealish or that they (probably) would have won the CL if they had. Simply that by signing Haaland for less money, I believe they will at some point anyway and that in a couple of years it won’t really matter.

1 hour ago, scram said:

We'll see

And a failing

Absolute tosh. 

The margins at the top level are minimal. To say one elite club not winning the CL is bizarre is ridiculous. 

The beauty of knockout competition is anyone can best anyone, especially at that elite level 

46 minutes ago, darra said:

UEFA laying the blame on thousands of Liverpool fans trying to get in with forged tickets and causing a bottleneck at the turnstiles

Not this poor loveable blameless scousers 

They is definitely no history of them doing anything like this in high profile games 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darra said:

SSN saying that Liverpool have asked for an official enquiry into why fans were denied entry to the stadium causing the match to be delayed. UEFA say delay was caused by Liverpool fans trying to get in the game using fake tickets. 

Worst part is the scummy barstewards stole the printer to print the tickets

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darra said:

The same thing happened to me before Hillsborough. Liverpool fan asked me to change a shift so he could go to.the match. I asked him if he had a ticket he said he hadn't but not to worry him and his mates would do what they usually did and rush a gate. I didn't swap with him 

why you lying?? 

/s

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

Surely there should be a rule allowing for this to actually be on a terrestrial TV channel, rather than just on YouTube.

It's like watching a dodgy stream, I'm half expecting a muck banner ad to pop up. 

idiots who want the BBC cancelled ruined this for everyone else. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Absolute tosh. 

The margins at the top level are minimal. To say one elite club not winning the CL is bizarre is ridiculous. 

The beauty of knockout competition is anyone can best anyone, especially at that elite level 

OK

The best team ever outsmarted by multiple other teams is a real statement of how great they are....

OK...

• Like 1