3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Why would a group of fans without tickets fly to Jersey, then take a speedboat to France and then a train to Paris? It always seems to be Liverpool that have these problems and many have forgotten the fiasco in Athens.

https://www.worldsoccer.com/news/liverpool-fans-branded-worst-in-europe-122549

The thing I took from that article was this paragraph.

Liverpool have produced their own report into the trouble, blaming the problems on lax security measures at the final.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Gary's deleted his account. Funny how people think that makes all the evidence magically disappear forever. 

He also had Justice for the 97 on his profile. Clearly failed to spot the irony 

• Like 3

I have every sympathy for individual supporters who were treat poorly by police and couldn't get in with bona fide tickets.

I love the beautiful game, have since the early 70's.  i love the stats, the history and stories around football, not just the team i love, but other teams i follow too.

What i don't love is the fact that there is a section of football supporters who think it is ok to suspend normal behaviour as soon as they involved in a football fixture.  to pluck figures out of thin air, 10% of the fans cause 90% of the issues, the sooner they are gone the sooner football will be safer for people to go to matches in the expectation of having no trouble rather than going to a match hoping to avoid it.

the vast majority of those fans last night weren't an issue, the authorities over reacted to a minority and others suffered.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 1867owl said:

And then you get the absolute c*nt that is Kenny Dalglish coming out saying Liverpool fans haven't done a thing wrong, and that it's all the fault of the French and the way it was organised, despite all of the above.

I lost any respect I had for that pr|ck after this little episode.

0E978D8B-EF9F-4C14-A5A4-E8E271AA17D3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Rogers said:

What happens if you buy a forged ticket? Surely you get in and the seat is already taken by the genuine ticket? 

Then you have thousands in the stadium that shouldn’t be there and making unsafe. 

Guessing the QR code would only work for the first person using that code.

Absolutely despise that club and it’s scum fans.

Heysel

Istanbul

Athens

Paris

Them çûnts are the one common denominator for trouble with the gates at all of these finals. It doesn’t happen with any other club. Certainly hasn’t happened with Man U or Chelsea fans in the finals they’ve played in. 

UEFA should ban them for 10 years. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, modboy said:

Guessing the QR code would only work for the first person using that code.

I'm guessing that each ticket would have a unique bar code so the counterfeit ones would just be a randomly generated number. From things I've read it could be these numbers that caused the problem by knackering the system and possibly causing the bottleneck. Looking at some of the videos it looked like fans with dodgy tickets tried the old if I gob off enough at them they'll let me in for a quiet life. That might work with the average steward at a ground but not the police especially police on the continent who tend not to be as amiable as your British bobby.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I lost any respect I had for that pr|ck after this little episode.

0E978D8B-EF9F-4C14-A5A4-E8E271AA17D3.jpeg

Same here.

I assumed he was just a miserable bully before that happened, but that incident put him, and that football club, in a whole new light.

F*ck man what on earth were they thinking? That was such a bizarre episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

The thing I took from that article was this paragraph.

Liverpool have produced their own report into the trouble, blaming the problems on lax security measures at the final.

That was quick....its as if they had one prepared just in case.

8 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Funny  got a few Everton mates and they are spot on, same city but a cut above....

Yeah Everton fans are nothing like Liverpool fans. Largely, no one's got a beef with Everton fans. Which puts to bed this nonsense 'Oh it's just lazy and nasty stereotyping of Liverpudlians' sh*te that gets trotted out whenever people highlight how vile Liverpool fans are.

Liverpool fans are a totally different breed to any other football fans in this country.

Leeds, Chelsea and Millwall fans are largely scum and everyone hates them, but at least they own it and embrace it, as tragic as that is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1