1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Cherry picking terrority 

I’ve seen loads of fighting at Wednesday games 

Never seen any major incidents outside a stadium though 

Completely different issue 

7 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Absolute tosh. 

The margins at the top level are minimal. To say one elite club not winning the CL is bizarre is ridiculous. 

The beauty of knockout competition is anyone can best anyone, especially at that elite level 

Spot on. It’s a cup competition. Chelsea won it last year, no way could anyone claim they are a better team then Man City.

2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Spot on. It’s a cup competition. Chelsea won it last year, no way could anyone claim they are a better team then Man City.

Agreed

Cups are all on the day, a game can be decided by a bit of luck or a penalty, league titles are a better gauge imo 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

The only fans on fences look like locals to me. The Liverpool fans want nothing to do with the group. 

There’s a PSG fan in clear view bottom right.

Every fan in a shirt has the back to this bunch barring 1. 

27E841AF-3D7F-4CF2-812C-2D94D899E303.jpeg

It wasn’t me guv, honest. I wasn’t there, and if I was it was somebody else’s fault.

• Like 1

Been listening to the radio and watching tv last night and this morning and Liverpool is saying that no fans were trying to gain entry with a forged ticket. Bit of a sweeping statement. and I've no doubt there were some Madrid fans with forged tickets trying to get in.

From what I can gather it seems that to gain entry you had to have a bar code either on a ticket or on a smartphone scanned. The problem it seems was caused by forged tickets in part jamming up the system. In none of the reports I've heard, there hasn't been any mention made of Madrid fans having problems getting into the ground, that may change in the coming days?

Edited by darra

On the Liverpool fans - Anyone who has ever tried to purchase a ticket to a UEFA event would know that resale of tickets through anything other than the official resale platform is 'illegal', therefore I don't have much sympathy for any Liverpool fan who 'inadvertently' bought a counterfeit ticket. You could call them foolish, you could call them desperate... or you could just call them stupid, or call them out for knowing exactly what they were doing.

On the Policing / Organisation around the stadium - it is abysmal, I speak from experience of going to see a Womens World Cup game there in 2019 (Japan 0 - 0 Argentina), attendance of circa 25,000, we arrived a couple of hours before kick off and were held in the exit to the metro for a good half an hour as they checked that everyone had tickets... they couldn't check quick enough to clear the arrivals from the Metro trains even for a small crowd, it got very claustrophobic / tense and there were people bursting through the checkpoints as a result (taken advantage of the mayhem)... I'm going out on a limb and suggesting those bursting through were 'locals' given tickets were dirt cheap, you probably wouldn't travel 10,000km if you didn't have a ticket and they looked neither Japanese nor Argentinian

I think it's fair to extrapolate from that and determine that there would have been an element of local trouble causers last night, as there would have been wherever the game was held, but you can't ignore the hoardes of Liverpool fans who didn't have tickets. I have a lot of sympathy for anyone caught up in it with a genuine ticket but they can undoubtedly thank their fellow Scousers just as much as they can thank the heavy handed policing / poor organisation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Can you please explain to us how Parisians look different to Scousers/UK-based Liverpool fans? How does one tell them apart?

You’ve taken the literal meaning of ‘look’ and tried to make a point.

My original post clearly explains why I believe the group to be locals. 

• Haha 1

Why did anyone without a ticket travel to the ground last night?

I can understand the attraction of travelling to Paris to soak up the atmosphere (and possible post-match celebrations) but why go to the ground? As kick off approaches, watch the match in a bar, or stand outside the ground listening to the crowd noise? No brainer unless they expect to be able to storm the turnstiles.

And those with fake tickets.

It’s common knowledge that big games sell out and genuine fans get insufficient tickets. Liverpool fans know this better than most. They also know that strict security measures are applied to prevent fakes being used. So anyone buying a ticket from anywhere other than a legitimate source knows what they’re getting. They’re hoping that the fake gets them in, and sod the overcrowding. And if it doesn’t work, then there’s always storming the turnstiles to fall back on.

No sympathy for any of them, except those with genuine tickets who inevitably get caught up in the mess caused by their fellow kopites. And it’s these you see getting interviewed, not the ticketless that cause the mayhem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Django said:

Agreed

Cups are all on the day, a game can be decided by a bit of luck or a penalty, league titles are a better gauge imo 

If there ever was a European super league, Man City would be big favourites to win it. They certainly have the best squad, that’s not even debatable. Their best 11 and Liverpools best 11 are comparable.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

I can understand the attraction of travelling to Paris to soak up the atmosphere (and possible post-match celebrations) but why go to the ground? As kick off approaches, watch the match in a bar, or stand outside the ground listening to the crowd noise? No brainer unless they expect to be able to storm the turnstiles.

It’s common knowledge that big games sell out and genuine fans get insufficient tickets. Liverpool fans know this better than most. They also know that strict security measures are applied to prevent fakes being used. So anyone buying a ticket from anywhere other than a legitimate source knows what they’re getting. They’re hoping that the fake gets them in, and sod the overcrowding. And if it doesn’t work, then there’s always storming the turnstiles to fall back on.

No sympathy for any of them, except those with genuine tickets who inevitably get caught up in the mess caused by their fellow kopites. And it’s these you see getting interviewed, not the ticketless that cause the mayhem.

I suppose the hope is for any fans without tickets is that the situation gets so bad that those in charge say sod it and let people in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

You’ve summed it up perfectly there.

48 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So its ok to fight ? Is that what your saying?   If it doesn't lead to a major incident its ok to fight.   

We’re not talking about fighting that isn’t the issue here 

You’re derailing here 

Wind your neck in 

Edited by Django
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Django said:

The problem isn’t fans travelling without tickets 

Yeah.

I’d say that most clubs would have fans that travel to a final without tickets. Wednesday fans included. 

It’s part of the ‘going to any lengths’ just to be there. 

As for the chaos, we’ll have to see. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

If there ever was a European super league, Man City would be big favourites to win it. They certainly have the best squad, that’s not even debatable. Their best 11 and Liverpools best 11 are comparable.

Liverpool squad is very close to City's now 

They have 4 excellent centre halfs, good full backs and cover (not RB cover) 

Good CM options and 5 good options up top, though Firminio is on the downwards part of his career now I reckon 

Surely there is cctv all round the stadium. All that's needed is a review of the actual footage and the truth will out. 

Just like everyone else, I have no idea what actually happened last night. There seems to have been no issue with Madrid fans getting in, why? Did they all just get there early enough? Were Liverpool fans late arriving, and if so, why? Were there hordes of fans trying to force their way in or just a handful? And was this happening all round the stadium or just at the Liverpool end? Were there so many fans with forged tickets there earlier than fans with real tickets? There must have been loads at every gate for it to cause a 2 hour delay, which is what is being reported. There are many more questions that need to be asked and answered, answers that will be found on the cctv I reckon. 

As far as blame goes, fans or authorities, I reckon it'll be a little from column A and a little from column B. Blanket blame or exoneration of either side at this point is causing problems on social media etc. 

• Like 2