SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

8 hours ago, 0114 said:

He’s not sacrificing a penny, where did I say otherwise?

Let me break it down, slowly. 

He’s on a gigantic deal that he will never in his life get again as a player. Birmingham are the ones stuck paying £30K p/w. They may for 12 months have to subside a chunk of that to allow them more freedom in the market. 

Dean isn’t going to take a £10K p/w waiver like you suggested & I don’t blame him one bit. 

Ok let me break this down for you

hoe much do you think he will get on his next contract after not playing for a year 

10-15k a week at best? 1-2 year deal 

he’s on 30k a week approx 

my HYPERTHETICAL suggestion 

suggested this year he takes a 10k pay cut 

but takes a signing on fee, promotion bonus and promotion pay All those three alone could easily add up to 500k

next year his promotion pay rise kicks in so not only as he still go a decent contract for another year or two 

he’s made up his short fall, played a years worth of football and got a promotion on his CV

but you think this is unrealistic and the player would rather rot training with the kids having his next contract get smaller and smaller each week as his stock falls 

I think you underestimate pure greed, stubbornness and stupidity 

for ambitious sensible professionalism 

why would a professional coming towards the la yet end of his career give up a years worth football to not play and lower his value for what would be less than 500k

When he’s already earning over 1million 

makes no sense 

but I suppose your right. He’s would throw the ba by out with the bath water and not move unless he’s fully paid up or someone’s matched his wages 

10 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Ok let me break this down for you

hoe much do you think he will get on his next contract after not playing for a year 

10-15k a week at best? 1-2 year deal 

he’s on 30k a week approx 

my HYPERTHETICAL suggestion 

suggested this year he takes a 10k pay cut 

but takes a signing on fee, promotion bonus and promotion pay All those three alone could easily add up to 500k

next year his promotion pay rise kicks in so not only as he still go a decent contract for another year or two 

he’s made up his short fall, played a years worth of football and got a promotion on his CV

but you think this is unrealistic and the player would rather rot training with the kids having his next contract get smaller and smaller each week as his stock falls 

I think you underestimate pure greed, stubbornness and stupidity 

for ambitious sensible professionalism 

why would a professional coming towards the la yet end of his career give up a years worth football to not play and lower his value for what would be less than 500k

When he’s already earning over 1million 

makes no sense 

but I suppose your right. He’s would throw the ba by out with the bath water and not move unless he’s fully paid up or someone’s matched his wages 

Yeah I think it’s likely that if he joins Wednesday it will be on a £10k -£15k p/w, 2 year deal but Birmingham will end up covering the difference until next summer otherwise it’s not really advantageous to Dean as he’d be better off twiddling his thumbs for a season at Birmingham. 

10 hours ago, fpowl said:

Well you said he’s not sacrificing a penny earlier 

but just on your latest post how do you know he wouldn’t sacrifice 10k

1) you don’t 

2) that’s probably based on your opinion that you would do even though you’ve never been faced slightly with the reality of making such a decision 

Most players will hang around for the money. Older players particularly, they will be retired soon and want as much money in their bank account and pension fund as they can get. They are retired a long time.

Dean might be different but I doubt it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, prowl said:

Most players will hang around for the money. Older players particularly, they will be retired soon and want as much money in their bank account and pension fund as they can get. They are retired a long time.

Dean might be different but I doubt it.

If dean hypothetically signs a one year contract with us plays 30 odd games and we get promoted his next contract offer will be considerably more than if he sat at Birmingham training with the kids letting his contract run out 

and then there’s the mentality side I can’t imagine Dean is the kind of player that doesn’t want to play 

listen to pros who get frozen out or who are out injured long term they find it difficult because they just want to play 

I’ve been watching quite a few under the cosh podcasts recently and watching interviews from ex pros 

there’s so many that retired early and even in their 20s because they hated not playing or just playing reserve games 

we’re talking about dean a hard playing winner that’s his mentality no way he would roll over and collect a pay check if he’s got a good option to play and be challenged every week

what would you do?

were not talking about letting a 5 year contract of 5 million a year being cancelled for 30k a year 

we’re talking about saving your career earning over a million a year and fighting for honours 

but taking a pay cut to do it

We arnt Spanish mercenaries we’re proud British 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Two words...

Michael Hector.

I think that’s two names?

He would be a fantastic signing of course.  But despite his history with the owls, and the Darren Moore, Jamaica/centre back angle, I think his wages and league 1 football would be an issue. 

I expect we’ll see him sign for a Turkish or French club soon enough 

On 01/08/2022 at 19:18, prowl said:

FDB is nothing like Luongo, he plays a completely different game.  We need a player who can break play up in front of the back 3 FDB is more a player who drives forward. Maybe Vaulks can do the job but who do you leave out. For me Byers and Bannan are undroppable.

Bakinson is that player isn't he? 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

If dean hypothetically signs a one year contract with us plays 30 odd games and we get promoted his next contract offer will be considerably more than if he sat at Birmingham training with the kids letting his contract run out 

and then there’s the mentality side I can’t imagine Dean is the kind of player that doesn’t want to play 

listen to pros who get frozen out or who are out injured long term they find it difficult because they just want to play 

I’ve been watching quite a few under the cosh podcasts recently and watching interviews from ex pros 

there’s so many that retired early and even in their 20s because they hated not playing or just playing reserve games 

we’re talking about dean a hard playing winner that’s his mentality no way he would roll over and collect a pay check if he’s got a good option to play and be challenged every week

what would you do?

were not talking about letting a 5 year contract of 5 million a year being cancelled for 30k a year 

we’re talking about saving your career earning over a million a year and fighting for honours 

but taking a pay cut to do it

We arnt Spanish mercenaries we’re proud British 

Remember roger Johnson? Ironically we got on loan from Brum . Now can’t remember exact figures but he was on 20 odd k a week, when he signed Dave jones said we’d payed a third Brum payed a third and Johnson actually forfeited a 3 rd to be able to make the deal happen and let him play football! Now dean could do the same and it’ll all boil down to figures if and if we actually went back in for him? Don’t see us doing that unless something like the above is agreed .