SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

They could strengthen now with 3 or 4 new signings so who knows

Possibly. Peterborough are one of those clubs who’ll pluck some unknown from The National League and sell him for £5m in 2 years. 

57 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

I think between Palmer, Iorfa, James and Paterson we have enough options of players that can cover RWB.

I wouldn’t *mind* someone else in that can properly challenge Hunt. But it’s not top of the list of players I want.

I agree that they’re all options and other areas are more of a priority, but I do think if we’re using a system with wing-backs then we need actual wing-backs to play in those positions rather than trying to shoehorn players in. 

Starting to get the feeling that maybe we need to get rid of a couple of players before we’re able to bring more in, we’re carrying players like Brown, Paterson and Sow who don’t get anywhere near the first XI barring a major injury crisis

• Like 1

Too many on here are getting too nervous about other teams IMO which suggests confidence with regards to what we’ll do is very brittle indeed.

Now I know I’m going to get the it’s the Wednesday Way sh!t but sometime we have to start to buck the trend, believe in ourselves and start to move forwards and that should come as much from us the fan base as much as the players or management otherwise we’ll continue to be stuck in the doldrums.

For me this is the season where our march back to the big time begins.

• Like 1

Really do need a couple more players in and fast. I didn’t think we needed another CB until yesterday but we do, a leader like Dean would be perfect. Could do with another RWB that is also capable of defending and definitely need some pace up top, someone that can change a game, an option we don’t currently have imo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really do need a couple more players in and fast. I didn’t think we needed another CB until yesterday but we do, a leader like Dean would be perfect. Could do with another RWB that is also capable of defending and definitely need some pace up top, someone that can change a game, an option we don’t currently have imo. 

Competition for RWB

A game-changing attacker

Another centre back

been saying it for 2 or 3 weeks.

• Like 1

Derby County are interested in securing the services of young Everton striker Tom Cannon on loan. 

The 19-year-old signed his first professional contract with the Toffees in March of last year, and is yet to make his senior debut for the first-team. Having entered the final year of his current deal, the Merseyside club want to tie down the youth prospect on a new deal and send him out on loan for further experience.

On 29/07/2022 at 13:40, beswetherick said:

I agree that they’re all options and other areas are more of a priority, but I do think if we’re using a system with wing-backs then we need actual wing-backs to play in those positions rather than trying to shoehorn players in. 

Starting to get the feeling that maybe we need to get rid of a couple of players before we’re able to bring more in, we’re carrying players like Brown, Paterson and Sow who don’t get anywhere near the first XI barring a major injury crisis

Paterson will be around the first team all season 

he’s injured at minute 

he might not be in the starting 11 but he will be in the starting 11 

put it this way if we get rid of sow and Paterson we wouldn’t have a sub striker for the second game of the season.

not really a championship winning squad that is it 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

League One outfit Derby County are keen on luring Swansea City forward Kyle Joseph to Pride Park, according to this morning’s update from Alan Nixon.

Would disappoint me if he went there. We were linked with him and now talking about a loan or free transfer with sell on clause. 

On those terms a player we should be looking at. Derby can't pay fees, so surely opportunity to get the player and would be ideal for our squad 

Plenty of promise, wouldn't necessarily expect a starting place initially and offers something from the bench.  

25 minutes ago, striker said:

Would disappoint me if he went there. We were linked with him and now talking about a loan or free transfer with sell on clause. 

On those terms a player we should be looking at. Derby can't pay fees, so surely opportunity to get the player and would be ideal for our squad 

Plenty of promise, wouldn't necessarily expect a starting place initially and offers something from the bench.  

Perhaps we’re one of them…….

Swansea forward Kyle Joseph has been told that a number of clubs are in for his signature on a loan basis for the rest of the season. Derby County are most certainly one of those clubs, but there are others. The talented twenty year old is most certainly on a lot of clubs radar., 

Kyle was surprisingly left out of Saturdays draw with Rotherham United in favour of Liam Cullen who sat out the ninety on the bench. Having played in the under 21 game v Brentford B and scoring twice last week it seems Kyle could be another one on his way out. We say surprisingly as Kyle actually does have the pace that Russell Martin requires in his team plus he does have a goal threat, so it seems quite strange.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Perhaps we’re one of them…….

Swansea forward Kyle Joseph has been told that a number of clubs are in for his signature on a loan basis for the rest of the season. Derby County are most certainly one of those clubs, but there are others. The talented twenty year old is most certainly on a lot of clubs radar., 

Kyle was surprisingly left out of Saturdays draw with Rotherham United in favour of Liam Cullen who sat out the ninety on the bench. Having played in the under 21 game v Brentford B and scoring twice last week it seems Kyle could be another one on his way out. We say surprisingly as Kyle actually does have the pace that Russell Martin requires in his team plus he does have a goal threat, so it seems quite strange.

Hope so, had a look at him when we were linked and liked what I saw. 

Still think we should’ve fetched Lewis Gibson back,  was ample good enough and would’ve fitted nicely on left side of that 3 

15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Still think we should’ve fetched Lewis Gibson back,  was ample good enough and would’ve fitted nicely on left side of that 3 

good enough but that’s not the issue with him is it. 
how many games will he be out injured for?

Would Joseph get in our side? I don't think he would with everyone fit so would be a pointless signing really. I don't get what all the fuss is. He's hardly pulled up any trees in his previous loan stints looking at his record

He's 20 so if we're going to take a punt on a young striker i'd rather we gave a chance to Cadamarteri