SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Can’t imagine hector is going to be demanding anything to massive 

he got that crazy well paid gig at Fulham and basically just stagnated and rotted for four years 

did he even get a loan move? 

all he’s done is either played poorly or not played his worth will have plummeted 

but I agree I can see him moving abroad Hector reminds me of a player that cares more about money than playing 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Hector wanted a huge wage to come here last time. It would be a big change in attitude if he was to come back in league one 

Hector was coming off back of a successful loan move and was in demand

hes rotted at Fulham put in poor performances he played something like 28 games in his time at Fulham his stock and worth has plummeted and is now a free agent 

in comparison he’d just played 37 games in one season scoring 2 goals for us and putting in some real good performances that’s how he got his move and the money He was in demand with teams wanting to pay a transfer fee for him 

he won’t get a sniff of what he demanded back then. Lower end Championship deal now and we can be in hay market 

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Hector was coming off back of a successful loan move and was in demand

hes rotted at Fulham put in poor performances he played something like 28 games in his time at Fulham his stock and worth has plummeted and is now a free agent 

in comparison he’d just played 37 games in one season scoring 2 goals for us and putting in some real good performances that’s how he got his move and the money He was in demand with teams wanting to pay a transfer fee for him 

he won’t get a sniff of what he demanded back then. Lower end Championship deal now and we can be in hay market 

Yes but his representatives wanted him to be the best paid player at the club when we had some very well paid players it was disproportionate. after much talk of joining (see you soon Wednesday fans videos etc) i think it left the club quite frustrated with the situation and it took while for the fulham move to materialise and he had to wait til Jan as no one else would pay the wages. So at least he got what he wanted. I just wonder whether we’d even go back in for him now and if we did I’d bet they would be pushing it again, he’d be a great signing in league one though. 

13 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Bakinson is that player isn't he? 

I don't think he is, more a deep lying playmaker from what I've heard.  Too lazy to do the hard graft of breaking up play but likes to sit back dictating play.

I've no idea how we will use him but that seems to be what fans at his previous club think. Seems a waste here because Byers and Bannan can do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Pulis said:

Two words...

Free transfer.

I would love to sign him but he will be looking for what he was on at Chelsea and Fulham which was around the £40k a week mark, i cannot see jim dropping to league to get paid less than £10k a week.

more likely will end up at Sheff Utd they like signing our ex players.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Yes but his representatives wanted him to be the best paid player at the club when we had some very well paid players it was disproportionate. after much talk of joining (see you soon Wednesday fans videos etc) i think it left the club quite frustrated with the situation and it took while for the fulham move to materialise and he had to wait til Jan as no one else would pay the wages. So at least he got what he wanted. I just wonder whether we’d even go back in for him now and if we did I’d bet they would be pushing it again, he’d be a great signing in league one though. 

I don’t think we will go back in for him 

and personally I wouldn’t bother, I think he’s be a good player. But I’d rather have a Sam Hutchinson leave everything on the line fully commuted player strong organiser Harely Dean type 

I just want the biggest contract and you can either loan me out or not play me type.

it’s not the kind of character I think we need 

• Like 3

Hector is 30, out of contract, and has only had one or two decent seasons in his whole career, the most recent of which was 4 years ago. A league one club or bottom end championship club is the absolute best he can expect, and a very modest wage too. The fact he never went out on loan and is still without a club now suggests that even after 4 years in the reserves he’s not that desperate to get back playing. 

He was good for us but I it’d be a very risky signing to make now if you ask me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

He posted a picture on transfer deadline day day looking at the sun saying still waiting? Now that was aimed at us or Fulham and like you said he went nowhere till the following January. It was reported at the time by one of the top journalists that follows Chelsea they expected him to come here. Looks like we pulled the plug on that one cus of wages? We then signed the Scottish cb on loan from Germany that played 2 games max u think ? That turned out well 

Hector will go to some random club in Dubai or something, he’s clearly not that bothered about making a name for himself in this country because he’s now 30 and had about 2 good seasons his whole career 

West Ham’s Irish winger Oko-Flex is a player drawing interest from Derby County.

The Hammers could look to send some of their young talents out on loan before the window shuts to give them a chance at picking up senior game time away from the London Stadium. Oko-Flex could be one to benefit from this as the Rams eye him up.

Oko-Flex is a 20-year-old winger who mainly operates on the left-hand side. However, he has been deployed on the right and through the middle as a centre-forward before too.

1 hour ago, Mick70 said:

He posted a picture on transfer deadline day day looking at the sun saying still waiting? Now that was aimed at us or Fulham and like you said he went nowhere till the following January. It was reported at the time by one of the top journalists that follows Chelsea they expected him to come here. Looks like we pulled the plug on that one cus of wages? We then signed the Scottish cb on loan from Germany that played 2 games max u think ? That turned out well 

It was a huge wage issue that stopped us from signing Hector. The social media stuff about waiting was his own doing but I guess he probably got it in the end 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I would love to sign him but he will be looking for what he was on at Chelsea and Fulham which was around the £40k a week mark, i cannot see jim dropping to league to get paid less than £10k a week.

more likely will end up at Sheff Utd they like signing our ex players.

get out of here as if he will be looking for 40k a week. 
If that’s the case he’s going to be a free agent for a long, long time. 
he won’t get half that wage anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I don’t think we will go back in for him 

and personally I wouldn’t bother, I think he’s be a good player. But I’d rather have a Sam Hutchinson leave everything on the line fully commuted player strong organiser Harely Dean type 

I just want the biggest contract and you can either loan me out or not play me type.

it’s not the kind of character I think we need 

True. It’s a shame as he is quality but he has certainly maximised his income over actual games. Maybe that’s a smart thing  for his bank balance.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

It was a huge wage issue that stopped us from signing Hector. The social media stuff about waiting was his own doing but I guess he probably got it in the end 

Totally agree about wages we’ve been there before and I think at that time us was all about to hit the fan as in made public knowledge we was up sh-t creek re wages and ffp ? 

5 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Totally agree about wages we’ve been there before and I think at that time us was all about to hit the fan as in made public knowledge we was up sh-t creek re wages and ffp ? 

Yeah more or less. But agents still saw us as big payers and tried to make the most of that.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

West Ham’s Irish winger Oko-Flex is a player drawing interest from Derby County.

The Hammers could look to send some of their young talents out on loan before the window shuts to give them a chance at picking up senior game time away from the London Stadium. Oko-Flex could be one to benefit from this as the Rams eye him up.

Oko-Flex is a 20-year-old winger who mainly operates on the left-hand side. However, he has been deployed on the right and through the middle as a centre-forward before too.

Sounds like a cereal. lol

• Haha 4