SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

54 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean people literally just laugh at everything you post. 

This is all based around this weird obsession with Gregory. 

Can't take the bloke seriously. 

Anyone with half a brain cell can see that Dominic Iorfa is not comfortable on the ball. 

Iorfa doesn't look comftable doing owt at the moment. He needs to get back to doing the basics right. 

Totally devoid of confidence since his injuries 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Gibson ends up coming back

Not seen anything to suggest his new contract has been signed at Everton yet. Not sure if that means signing him on a free would mean compo given his age, I know they signed him from Newcastle but they’d still be due some afaik

16 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Iorfa doesn't look comftable doing owt at the moment. He needs to get back to doing the basics right. 

Totally devoid of confidence since his injuries 

He was getting bullied on Saturday. 

Knocked to the ground by people nowhere near his size. 

Hoping he proves me wrong, but I think Dom is a liability and will cost us points this season if he plays too many games. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Iorfa looks very uncomfortable in a 3 was decent when played alongside lees in a four before his injuries? Dom was looking a very good cb before he got injured, now he looks lost most of the time? He wasn’t very good last season tbf and his pace gets him out of trouble a lot of the times . I personally would put fem on the lest and move inekwe across to right to give us balance for Saturday. Once one cb doesn’t look comfortable in a back 3 it makes it very hard for other 2 two players including wing backs to do there jobs properly? Hope he gets back to where he was 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Hoping he proves me wrong, but I think Dom is a liability and will cost us points this season if he plays too many games. 

Famewo needs bringing in on the left of that 3 , with Ihiekwe moving to the right 

Iorfa isn’t good enough in a back 3 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Me too! scares me to death. 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Am I imagining this but didn’t Iorfa use to be a quality player for us? What has happened to him!?!

Injury’s have clearly not helped, but I don’t think Iorfa will ever perform in a back 3 

He’s a straight up centre half in a 2, win the ball and lump it , or a simple pass ,  he cannot pass the ball like you need to in a 3 

I’m amazed really that Darren Moore hasn’t seen it yet , the way he sets his defences up will never ever suit Iorfa 

38 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Am I imagining this but didn’t Iorfa use to be a quality player for us? What has happened to him!?!

Honestly, I don't think his reading of the game, positioning etc., is all that great, and often during his purple patch it was his physical attributes (his pace, power) that people were noticing. 

I would hazard a guess that when people think of Iorfa at his best, they think about him galloping back to perform a heroic last ditch tackle or something like that.

Now, it's never a bad thing to have those attributes (it's certainly helped Kyle Walker), but to be a top CB you've got to be able to read the game, sense danger etc., and I don't think Dom does that well enough. Too often, he is caught out of position or hasn't anticipated the threat in sufficient time and you will eventually get punished if that keeps happening. For one of the goals against Pompey, he was facing our goal as the ball came in. That is so amateurish and way off the standard for a semi-professional, let alone the third tier of English football. 

It's only one match in, but he also appears to have lost (to a degree) some of those physical attributes he once possessed. 

Add the above to the fact he often deals with the ball like it's a hot potato, and, for me, you've got a real liability in our back three. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

I mean people literally just laugh at everything you post. 

This is all based around this weird obsession with Gregory. 

Can't take the bloke seriously. 

Anyone with half a brain cell can see that Dominic Iorfa is not comfortable on the ball. 

Usually just the same few people.

Honestly, the only time I've mentioned him since the playoffs was a thought that him or Windass may look to leave if we signed a load of strikers. Every other one is after you or one of the other fanclub members jumps onto something untelated I've written with "GREGGOOORRYYYYYYYYY"

Honestly, go back and check, it's getting a bit weird.

When was the last time I said anything about Gregory, other than suggesting we sneak him onto the pitch on Saturday?

After this week, I may stalk your posts with "IORFAAAAAAAAA", it's like you have some strange obsession with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

It certainly looked that way on Saturday. I hope he can get it back together but he may need a loan to get regular game time to find his mojo.

32 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Know nothing about either, but you have to be positive and hope we land on a gem soon ,  and taking chances on lads like this is definitely how you find them 

5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Playing alongside Hutch in a back 4 suited him, he's like Tom Lees in that he needs an experienced vocal guy alongside him, maybe Dean could be that guy 

6 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He spent almost 18 months out with an injury over a 24-,month period?

Lots off people with lots of nuanced points... they may be valid... but this broad brush isn't that deep. Spending that long out of your profession takes its toll, not just physically either.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

He isn't a league one player where it is about size and aerial ability. He is a good championship player where it is about speed rather than aerial strength.

Agree with others that his positioning isn't great, his speed has got him out of bother in the championship. With better positioning he could be a premiership player and still not good enough for league 1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I read a lot of posts like this from you, over the top angry vitriol. Why you get away with displaying such anger and making things so personal is beyond me.

Why not try and chill out a bit, rather than choose to post so much on a forum that makes you so angry. 

He’s just hitting his daily quota of OT posts.   The content isn’t aimed at you, it’s just to look cool to a small number of readers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Bez said:

He’s just hitting his daily quota of OT posts.   The content isn’t aimed at you, it’s just to look cool to a small number of readers. 

The 3 or 4 that haven’t blocked him 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2