SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

9 minutes ago, Owlmanac said:

Think we should have walked away from the Wilks deal a long time ago. If Hull weren’t prepared to accept what we were willing to pay we should just move on to our next target.

I'm guessing we have moved onto other targets. Its fine for us to leave what we have offered on the table which is likely whats happened. Thing is we shouldn't just jump at anyone. Whoever we sign has to be an improvement on what we have and not just filler otherwise its pointless. 

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Still think we should’ve fetched Lewis Gibson back,  was ample good enough and would’ve fitted nicely on left side of that 3 

You’ve surely got to go with what you’ve seen when it comes to someone like Lewis Gibson 

unfortunately the Lewis Gibson we witnessed was unavailable for selection for ( and I’ve not done the maths ) over 90% of the fixtures and for me that overshadows any potential we might have seen in him in the cameos we saw. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, fpowl said:

He was excellent for us and transformed our team and results 

if anything he was underrated 

Agree with this but don’t think he was missed Saturday or will be in the longer term given the emergence of Bash. You could argue that we missed Hutch more on Saturday!

5 hours ago, 0114 said:

Don’t know if this has been posted. From The Mirror article in relation to Birmingham’s takeover. 

‘The hard calls are expected to include getting to grips with the club’s wage bill which has a number of fringe players on huge money in the second tier.

These include reserve keeper Neil Etheridge, 32, who is under contract until 2024 on £21,000-a-week and defender Harlee Dean,31, who was loaned to Sheffield Wednesday last term and has 12 months left on £31,000-a-week.

Other stars likely to be made available to go are Lukas Jutkiewicz,33, on £15,000-a-week under 2024 and left-back George Friend,34, who earns £8,000-a-week.

Eight momentous matches that fans can't forget 

Birmingham want to lower the age of their squad and reduce their wage bill , including using loans like American defender Auston Trusty, 23, from Arsenal who has already impressed hugely.’

Seems Dean is available, but clearly the sticking point is he’s on £31K per week at Birmingham. 

So it’s all about what Dean wants then, coz realistically if we sign him what we gonna pay him ???

If he wants to play im sure he’ll come but at his age why not get as much of that as he can ?! 

2 hours ago, striker said:

Dean is a good player, but a non starter given his current wage. 

Would take one hell of a reduction in pay or wage contribution from Birmingham (if a loan) to facilitate a move. 

Personally, I'd rather see a couple of attacking players in before another CB. Not saying we don't need one, but up front more of a priority IMO.

You didn’t go to the game Saturday I take it hahahahahahaha

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Owlmanac said:

Agree with this but don’t think he was missed Saturday or will be in the longer term given the emergence of Bash. You could argue that we missed Hutch more on Saturday!

FDB is nothing like Luongo, he plays a completely different game.  We need a player who can break play up in front of the back 3 FDB is more a player who drives forward. Maybe Vaulks can do the job but who do you leave out. For me Byers and Bannan are undroppable.

19 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

So it’s all about what Dean wants then, coz realistically if we sign him what we gonna pay him ???

If he wants to play im sure he’ll come but at his age why not get as much of that as he can ?! 

I said above that it’s not unrealistic for Wednesday to sign Dean on a reasonable wage but would require Birmingham to pay him off or contribute the difference, these things happen quite often. Birmingham are stuck paying £31K p/w all season regardless, but if Wednesday agreed to sign Dean for £10K p/w that would save Birmingham £10K or allow them to contribute towards another target. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owlmanac said:

I think Byers is going to be the unsung underrated player this midfield

not quite the same style as Kieren Lee but the contributes in more ways than what people give him credit for, puts himself about, quick and neat moving the ball, puts a challenge in, and chips in with his fair share of goals 

I think with luongo, and Hutchinson gone we need to adapt to the players we now have here you can put dean in there too I think a formation change is needed 

but I agree on the pitch luongo won’t be missed as much but I think that’s mainly to do with the strength of how all those players can play and contribute 

Adeniran could do a similar job to Luongo if he was disciplined , he prefers to get him to box but he can be very tenacious defensively. I suspect it will be Vaulks asked to do it though.

Have there been any more rumours around Matt Steven’s at FGR? He looked decent last season