SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 hours ago, Daz said:

The window should close before a ball is kicked in a new season. It’s a farce that 6 games could have been played before squads are finalized. I just hope we cover our weak areas pretty sharpish and not after the fate of 18 points has been decided. Getting more points out of those 18 could make a huge difference come May.

two valuable points dropped already ☹️

2 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

"Some transfer news: Nottingham Forest want Dutch striker Jizz Hornkamp from Willem II. He’s 24, decent scoring ratio and once scored four in 34 minutes for previous club. Talks underway and, if all goes well, would be 13th signing of summer for #NFFC"

No more clean sheets for teams visiting the City Ground.

Very good at ‘shooting’ apparently…..

9 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Anyone else bit concerned at the lack of rumours regarding incomings?

I was hoping to have been linked to a few more before window shuts. 

We had a few weeks of constant things happening 

I think this is just the lull before the next storm. We’re also quite good as a club at keeping things hush hush until right before we sign someone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

We had a few weeks of constant things happening 

I think this is just the lull before the next storm. We’re also quite good as a club at keeping things hush hush until right before we sign someone. 

Yeah Im not overly concerned personally.  We should still be picking up points between now and end of august with the squad we have, and there’s no doubt we are trying to sign players in specific areas.  Just have to be patient as we wait on players/clubs to make decisions 

22 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Anyone else bit concerned at the lack of rumours regarding incomings?

I was hoping to have been linked to a few more before window shuts. 

Not overly. Suggests we know who our targets are and we are prepared to play the waiting game for them.

3 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I'd like 3 more in, think we'll end up with 2.

Another CB and a hybrid CF/Right sided player like Wilks or Roofe

A CB who is comfortable on the ball is a must and someone with some ******** pace. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

A CB who is comfortable on the ball is a must and someone with some ******** pace. 

All CB’s playing in Moores system need to be comfortable with the ball I think 

19 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

All CB’s playing in Moores system need to be comfortable with the ball I think 

Our issues in playing it from the back are midfield and attack movement based.

When everyone in front is stood still hiding behind an opposition player then what do you expect? Even Byers and Bannan when they drop back often can't find a pass.

All this 'CB's looking shaky makes us concede goals' is a complete myth. Everybody closed up because of no movement makes us concede goals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

When everyone in front is stood still hiding behind an opposition player then what do you expect? Even Byers and Bannan when they drop back often can't find a pass.

All this 'CB's looking shaky makes us concede goals' is a complete myth. Everybody closed up because of no movement makes us concede goals.

So when Iorfa puts a 10 yard pass into touch, it’s actually the other players fault for not moving. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well for me it seems we don’t have an out and out leader at the back as we clearly saw last Saturday. 

We also lack a tricky player with pace up front or wide to pull defenders out of position. 

If if we don’t solve either of these it will be a harder season than we might like it to be.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I'm sorry, but you don't half talk some bo11ocks when it comes to football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean people literally just laugh at everything you post. 

This is all based around this weird obsession with Gregory. 

Can't take the bloke seriously. 

Anyone with half a brain cell can see that Dominic Iorfa is not comfortable on the ball.