SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

I said above that it’s not unrealistic for Wednesday to sign Dean on a reasonable wage but would require Birmingham to pay him off or contribute the difference, these things happen quite often. Birmingham are stuck paying £31K p/w all season regardless, but if Wednesday agreed to sign Dean for £10K p/w that would save Birmingham £10K or allow them to contribute towards another target. 

Yep and I’d imagine dean who wants to play football will also except a reduction for example ( not saying this to be the offer 

wednesday pay 10k

birminghan pay 10k

dean agrees 10k waiver for first season

then promotion bonus, years extension, promotion pay rise etc…. 

to ensure both club is protected upon failure of promotion 

and dean has the option to sign for higher wages next year if he thinks he and wants a better contract else where 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Current attackers fit for Saturday are windass and smith … 

Sow if you class him too but I mean we could already be relying on someone like cadematri 

yes very important we get one in asap. As you say we would be down to 2 first team strikers already. Crazy. 

Not even bothered about Harlee Dean,  rather we went for someone a bit younger with some potential to develop and improve 

He’s a good player, but he’s not getting any younger and seems to have started picking up injury’s 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yep and I’d imagine dean who wants to play football will also except a reduction for example ( not saying this to be the offer 

wednesday pay 10k

birminghan pay 10k

dean agrees 10k waiver for first season

then promotion bonus, years extension, promotion pay rise etc…. 

to ensure both club is protected upon failure of promotion 

and dean has the option to sign for higher wages next year if he thinks he and wants a better contract else where 

He’s not going to wavier a penny mate.

He has a guaranteed £30K p/w going in his pocket. He’s not going to risk £500,000 on a possible promotion bonus.

He’s going to dig his heels in until Birmingham compromise or he’s going nowhere. They’ll have to fork out £30k p/w regardless, may as well save themselves £10k p/w for another signing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

Adeniran could do a similar job to Luongo if he was disciplined , he prefers to get him to box but he can be very tenacious defensively. I suspect it will be Vaulks asked to do it though.

Have there been any more rumours around Matt Steven’s at FGR? He looked decent last season 

Stevens didn’t play for them at the weekend. Think he’s still out injured. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not even bothered about Harlee Dean,  rather we went for someone a bit younger with some potential to develop and improve 

He’s a good player, but he’s not getting any younger and seems to have started picking up injury’s 

personally think we need a leader at the back. Dean imo is a very good leader. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally think we need a leader at the back. Dean imo is a very good leader. 

He’s an injured one right now though isn’t he 

15 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Michael hector and Alfie mawson are both without a club too . Either of those be decent should we not be able to get Dean back 

I wouldn't take a player on at this stage without having a pre season. To do so would mean they wouldn't be available until October/November time anyway.

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I wouldn't take a player on at this stage without having a pre season. To do so would mean they wouldn't be available until October/November time anyway.

understand what you are saying but think with their quality they could pick it up quicker . Surely train on their own and keep fit. I’d say more like September be reasonable and pick up fitness as they play 

13 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

understand what you are saying but think with their quality they could pick it up quicker . Surely train on their own and keep fit. I’d say more like September be reasonable and pick up fitness as they play 

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Surely any player wort their salt would have kept themselves fit by training at another club or using a PT

Don't think they can ever recreate pre season.

We've seen before players come in and then get injured. Happens time and again. 

Mendez-Laing for example last season, spent ages building up fitness, got injured and didn't really see him until Christmas time. Andre Green  the same the season before. 

Dean himself, frozen out at birmingham, lack of game time for them and was injured in his second? game for us, didn't really see him much until the back end of the season. Flint before the the previous season.

Neither of these players are long term projects, both required to make an almost immediate impact and unlikely to do that. 

• Like 1

I love how on one hand lots are slating Chansiri, but on the other are expecting him to stump up the wages for a player who costs as much as some of this division's team's first 11, because we don't have 7 lower championship standard players in every position.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't think they can ever recreate pre season.

We've seen before players come in and then get injured. Happens time and again. 

Mendez-Laing for example last season, spent ages building up fitness, got injured and didn't really see him until Christmas time. Andre Green  the same the season before. 

Dean himself, frozen out at birmingham, lack of game time for them and was injured in his second? game for us, didn't really see him much until the back end of the season. Flint before the the previous season.

Neither of these players are long term projects, both required to make an almost immediate impact and unlikely to do that. 

appreciate that but think by September they would be fine . Mid September 6 weeks away ish . Plenty of time for them to get up to speed . 

9 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I love how on one hand lots are slating Chansiri, but on the other are expecting him to stump up the wages for a player who costs as much as some of this division's team's first 11, because we don't have 7 lower championship standard players in every position.

This!! Last season I went on a salary site and looked at Accrington Stanley wages for their starting XI and it totalled circa 11k. I know you have to take those sites with a pinch of salt but the disparity in budgets in this league is horrific. We absolutely don’t need to be spending 10s of thousands of pounds per week per player to be competitive. 

• Like 4