SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we have to get promoted this season or moore wont be here for the following season so its a no brainer that he would sign these two if possible .......there age is immaterial all that matters is the now .

He won’t be here at Xmas if we’re not top6 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

The only concern I have is that Iorfa, Heneghan and Ihieke are all poor on the ball.

That is no problem at all for League One. You didn’t see Rotherham, Wigan or Wycombe Messing about with it at the back last season.

However, if Moore still insists on the keeper going short from every goal kick, then it’ll become a major problem.

Hutch, Storey, Dean & Palmer all comfortable with it. Those three definitely are not.

When they have smith to hit going long 

hunt, Johnson, bannan vaulks or Byres to go short to I’m not concerned 

personally it’s the over playing about at the back that frustrated me there’s no need for it. Get the ball to your playmakers or out to your creative players 

ive never understood having your defenders make 10 passes to each other before it goes forward 

the amount of times we put ourself under pressure last year off a free kick deep in our half or a goal kick because BFP went short then within 3 passes with been closed down abs hoofed it loosing position 

pointless 

either way what these might lack in passing they’ve made up with it in pace 

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we have to get promoted this season or moore wont be here for the following season so its a no brainer that he would sign these two if possible .......there age is immaterial all that matters is the now .

I mean if we don't start we'll he won't be there .... for me he has first 10 games 

• Haha 2

Smith is a quality signing. What about Ihiekwe? Stockdale, Vaulks and Smith are quality signings for this level. Heneghan I'm not so sure about but might prove to be a smart signing. We look like we're strengthening with players that have done well at this level and above, we should have a decent chance to push on from last seasons progress and realistically be in the automatic promotion mix next season. 

22 hours ago, 0114 said:

At fault for a couple certainly Fleetwood away being the obvious one. MK away possibly. 

Iorfa is worryingly letting players get away from him on crosses though, worrying trend for a CB. 

Iorfa has more pace and is a better RB, no doubt. CB, not for me. 

I also like Iorfa at right back but seen as we don’t play them it’s not an option. He is not a wing back at all. He is a right sided centre half and that’s exactly where I want to see him next season. If he can get back to his best, he’s the best defender in the division.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 08:12, Owl said:

I have a very good source of information, just because the players have been down to the ground doesn’t mean they will sign on the dotted line !! #uto 

Jeez. Smith signs. You’ve actually got one right for a change. Congratulations!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fpowl said:

When they have smith to hit going long 

hunt, Johnson, bannan vaulks or Byres to go short to I’m not concerned 

personally it’s the over playing about at the back that frustrated me there’s no need for it. Get the ball to your playmakers or out to your creative players 

ive never understood having your defenders make 10 passes to each other before it goes forward 

the amount of times we put ourself under pressure last year off a free kick deep in our half or a goal kick because BFP went short then within 3 passes with been closed down abs hoofed it loosing position 

pointless 

either way what these might lack in passing they’ve made up with it in pace 

Our issue with playing it from the back was never the defenders, it was the midfield and attack standing still and not getting open for a pass, or just passing it straight back to the defender with two attackers chasing it.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

He won’t be here at Xmas if we’re not top6 

This. I was just sat having a cuppa thinking exactly that. The quality of these signings really ramp up the pressure. It’s got to be a good thing.

• Like 1