SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 minute ago, 109Waddle said:

If we announce that random 2nd tier Italian based 34yr old Brazilian tonight, that could push me over the edge!!!

Slight delay, as still waiting for the PR lad to get back from Netto with the Brazil nuts

• Haha 2

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, malek said:

Point is that you need to sign mix of both, experience players that should guarantee results at this level and younger players that should bring money to the club. If you think that our transfer policy is one of a balanced approach (or that it had been for God knows how long) than you are wrong. Just look at squads of teams that got promoted from this league and did well in the Championship without spending fortune to do so and compare them with ours. Perhaps even more important question is how You think We will fall in line with a FFP if we are spending big money on wages and signing on fees and not earning it through players sales ?!

That’s obvious, but where do those youngsters come from ?They are either discarded or loaned from Premier clubs or brought through the academy.  They are a long term gamble or a short term loan deal. 
If they do well and we get promoted their parent clubs will want them back or they cost us silly money so how’s that going to bring money to the club. 

Our transfer policy hasn’t been good for majority of the 48 years I’ve watched Wednesday. The first time we have a chairman with money FFP comes along. 
Please enlighten me to the clubs that got promoted and did well in the Championship, Not many in recent years.

Since when are we spending big money on players. The ones we are bringing in will not breach FFP. And the EFL will be keeping a close eye on our books for sure.

At this point, I’d love to see Malik Wilks come in , then I’d be more than happy for DM to take a few low risk chances on some young lads for the future 

On Harlee Dean, I think we will have paid good money for the 2 mikes but nowhere near the level of what Dean will be earning , I think without a huge drop in wages he’d be out of our reach , I bet he’d love to come back here now though with these signings 

Don't think we could have done much better with the free transfer signings. 

Hopefully come next May and we finally win a Championship, blew it 83/84 and 90/91, know its 3rd tier but they all count. 

A lot on Toytown Mad saying they’re rubbish anyway 😄 but this lad has nailed it. 

Jimmy Badfellow said:Today 09:40 PM

It has been officially confirmed....you can dress it up as you like.....a complete humiliation and what a way to start pre season tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tony Pulis said:

Credit to @Owl66 👏

Thanks Tony but some will ridicule me like i said I don’t do forums usually but thought I would try to brighten the fans aspirations up for the coming season with how disappointed the fans were after Sunderland game ! Once my other prediction comes true I won’t be on again remember he will be part of the back 5 and last clue won’t be another until signed you won’t be far away with our old manager carlos 🤔🤔🤔🤔see you all in about 2 weeks before pre season 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I think a left footed cb is a priority . Tafazoli could tick that box but ideally one who’s got decent passing ability too . 

Ihiekwe actually lined up quite a fair few times as the left sided CB in a back 3 for Rotherham last season. So not sure if that's the role Moore has earmarked for him for us.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I think a left footed cb is a priority . Tafazoli could tick that box but ideally one who’s got decent passing ability too . 

Ihiekwe played on the left of Rotherham's defence for much of last season, didn't he?

Ideally we'd have a left-footer there, but he's certainly used to the role...

Screenshot_2022-06-22-23-01-53-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.8711c5bbac3b8c520e1f22656bdf57f3.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-22-23-02-35-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg.6485c3adf13c015d34ac61774ed3b751.jpg