Gillingham Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

Thanks Snoots. A chance to make some ground up today - teams around us have got some awkward  matches - Wycombe at Portsmouth,  Sunderland at Lincoln, Plymouth home to Stanley and Oxford home to Ipswich. On paper we’ve got the easiest - oh poo .

Have to win.

This is not the time to be throwing points away and unfortunately we've started doing that again recently.

Most of our rivals would be going to Gillingham today and winning. 

Dropped points today and things could start to get difficult.

Another important game, didn't make our game in hand count midweek and need to make sure we stay in touch so our other game in hand still has value.

In principle all set up for us against a poor team, with injuries and we have more players returning, but we don't look like a team who can cope with 2 game weeks.

At least fatty Evans no longer there and may actually have a football game on our hands today. 

Was nervous about this one before Tuesdays result though, still scarred from an FA cup defeat at Gillingham about 20 years ago. Remember going into that match with so much optimism and being so disappointed.

Hopefully another result to dim that memory today. 0-2 to Wednesday.

Its all about Paradigms...

Darren Moore and Jamie Smith have helped Barry Bannan change his Paradigm: His perception of reality.

- Old Paradigm: Sweeper playing deep between two centre backs playing, sideways or diagonal "Hollywood" balls across the field. Always disappointed that the opposition beat our winger to the pass.

- New Paradigm: An attacking No.10 playing behind a front two, who poses a dual attacking threat, contributing both Goals and Assists, while still controlling the direction of play.

They thought it into being first. The rest was good old fashioned hard work

Jamie Smith.PNG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Have to win.

This is not the time to be throwing points away and unfortunately we've started doing that again recently.

Most of our rivals would be going to Gillingham today and winning. 

Dropped points today and things could start to get difficult.

Spot on bud,

Were running out of games....

Bejesus, matchday again. Nuuuuuurse !!!! get me my medication. Now which team is gonna turn up, Moores Marauders or Darrens Ditherers.  

Going for 0 - 5 to THE MIGHTY OWLS 

Nuuuurse !!!  Get the padded cell ready.

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!!

• Like 2

Magnificent work of fiction m’lud! I have had 56 years of this “resetting” malarkey after every game…the button is well and truly worn out… a bit like me.

I fully expect us to take the Priestfield “Stadium” by storm…and for Gods sake if you’re going DO NOT bounce on that away end..it looks like it’s made from two decks of cards and blue tack!
Come on you merry band of Bandalf’s wiizzzaaaards! Let’s put these Men of Kent/Kentish Men/plain Kents to the sword!

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Hopefully we'll get a reaction to the draw, which was the reaction to the win, which was the reaction to the loss, which was the reaction to having lots of games in a short space of time.

It's all about how we react, basically.

:ph34r:

Totally knee jerk this football malarkey.

• Haha 1

Dad’s a Gillingham fan so I know enough about their squad to know they are essentially…crap.

They have a good midfielder who they got on a free in January in Ben Thompson who I wouldn’t have minded. Vadaine Oliver hasn’t kept up last seasons  goal scoring form but, as a former player, he’ll be someone to look out for. If it’s Dahlberg in goal then I’d try and continually pepper him. They’re not the quickest team, especially if Carayol is out,  and are mainly big and physical. I’d play Dunkley today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1