Do our First Team Squad Live Locally

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

A couple of years ago I had a call from someone wanting to book a van for the collection and delivery of some garden furniture from his sisters house to his house.  Anyway he said he would meet me at his sisters house to help me load the van. As I reversed up the drive, I saw him and his sister stood outside talking. Got out the van and it was only Mel Sterland . Anyway had a good chat after unloading at his house. He told me a couple of stories about Tony Toms brutal training regime, one about  the time Toms took the squad, after a defeat, out to Castleton and made then run up Winnets Pass and over the moors for six hours. Top bloke to talk too. 

As I was leaving he said to keep his number stored as Mel in my phone as he would be using my services again. 

Two months ago he booked another job to collect him a dismantled summer house from Liverpool. I didn't tell my Wednesday supporting driver who it was, thought I'd let him find out himself. 

Mel still lives at the same house, and I have him as a contact in my phone. 

he probably thought he was in safe hands with you mate 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

I think there was a bit of an issue during Carlos’ time, Bannan’s main place was in Birmingham and there were a few Manchester way, don’t think it’s the case now though.

Sure Bannan has moved to Sheffield now.  Eccy Road end of Town I think.

Paul Williams used to live in Stocksbridge - we bought his house.   Bizarrely now live in Colin Dobsons old house. 

• Like 2

There used to be a whole host of them on Wadsley Park Village

JJ, Graham Lee and Ola Tidman lived around the corner from me when I was on WPV

Tidman's barbecues were legendary

Paul Smith, Steve MacClean, Graham Coughlan, Gary Madinne, Glenn Whelan, Ndumbu-Nsungu, Akpo Sodje lived there too

I saw Lee Peacock, Adam Proudlock quite often, not sure if they lived on WPV or were just visiting

Leon Clarke used to visit JJ a lot

And I saw Rob Jones on there a few times but again, don't know if he lived there or was just visiting

I believe Graham Coughlan still lives on the estate

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Gregory has a new build in wickerskey or it’s getting built 

back in the days of Brian clough I think he used to insist all players or at least youth players lived with in  3 miles or 5 miles of the ground 

bannan has set up in Sheffield somewhere 

not a clue about anyone else but to be honest I’d imagine the players would want it that way too 

I used to see Fernando  all the time in chapeltown Asda he lived just down near the industrial estate in those newer houses not sure if it’s classed as high green or chapeltown though 

30 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Gregory lives in Stocksbridge on the new estate at the back of Fox Valley. 

Dunkley and Brown live in Huddersfield. 

incorrect sir, but fairly good knowledge from you. It's his lasses parents who live on there, i've been to my mates house on there before and he was outside a house, obviously stopped to hassle him. But yeah it's his inlaws who live on that estate, he's over millhouses way