Do our First Team Squad Live Locally

8 minutes ago, the monk said:

Alman Abdi lived in apartments on Abbey Lane Crossroads 

Once doing some work there and said Howdo to a face I knew , dawned on me it was Rob Lee ex Newcastle helping his son Elliot move out 

Take it abdi had a ground floor apartment?? Cudnt imagine him tackling any steps

• Haha 9

Michail Antonio used to live on Bloomhouse Lane in Darton in Barnsley. Chris O’Grady lived at Woolly Grange in Barnsley. Both local to me and used to see them regular, particularly Antonio. 

i thought Lee Chapman live in Penistone for a while? Seem to remember seeing an interview with Leslie Ash where she said she used to be embarrassed to tell people she lived there because of the name. 

7 minutes ago, barn_owl said:

i thought Lee Chapman live in Penistone for a while? Seem to remember seeing an interview with Leslie Ash where she said she used to be embarrassed to tell people she lived there because of the name. 

I once made an unfortunate abreviation for Penistone road, and I'm not talking about Rd.

Pleased to say I checked my notes before they were sent to the printers.

4 hours ago, the monk said:

Alman Abdi lived in apartments on Abbey Lane Crossroads 

Once doing some work there and said Howdo to a face I knew , dawned on me it was Rob Lee ex Newcastle helping his son Elliot move out 

Emerson Thome lived in the same block of flats.

Roland Nilsson lived on Bocking Lane near the Hutcliffe Wood roundabout 

A couple of years ago I had a call from someone wanting to book a van for the collection and delivery of some garden furniture from his sisters house to his house.  Anyway he said he would meet me at his sisters house to help me load the van. As I reversed up the drive, I saw him and his sister stood outside talking. Got out the van and it was only Mel Sterland . Anyway had a good chat after unloading at his house. He told me a couple of stories about Tony Toms brutal training regime, one about  the time Toms took the squad, after a defeat, out to Castleton and made then run up Winnets Pass and over the moors for six hours. Top bloke to talk too. 

As I was leaving he said to keep his number stored as Mel in my phone as he would be using my services again. 

Two months ago he booked another job to collect him a dismantled summer house from Liverpool. I didn't tell my Wednesday supporting driver who it was, thought I'd let him find out himself. 

Mel still lives at the same house, and I have him as a contact in my phone. 

• Like 2