Do our First Team Squad Live Locally

On 06/03/2022 at 17:26, BridportOwl said:

Read an interview with Hutch where he said he lived at Whirlow. That was before he left though.

His house was up for sale b4 he left for cyprus..think it was Dore..5 bed.950k..i had a good internet snoop round it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think any live near me. I've not seen any of them around here. 

I used to live next door to Barry Powell in Derby and across the road from Dave Swindlehurst. 

Nowt to do with Wednesday but just thought I'd name drop. lol

3 hours ago, EBRAwe'rebarmy said:

I lived in the top Maisonette on Foxhill Road in the early 70s and Mr and Mrs Baines, next door but one to us used to have players lodging with them, including Mr G Pugh...  They had a full house at one point so asked my Mam and Dad if they had room and Pete Springett moved in and lodged with us for a time and we became very good friends with Pete's family.  He took me and his nephew training with him when he moved to Barnsley.

Well done mate Mr and Mrs Baines it was.  Do you remember her son Peter he was a policeman at West Bar.  You are right with my namesake - thats why I called myself it on here. They were happy days. Ian Branfoot and Colin Symm were also in there at different times and latterly Danny Cameron. I also recall Springo wanting digs too and he was a very good friend too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The coach said:

Paddy kenny lives in Ravenfield..not wednesday related but just thought id tell yer

Jesus wept!! I have to drive through there to work every day!! It used to be such a nice area!! 

14 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Well done mate Mr and Mrs Baines it was.  Do you remember her son Peter he was a policeman at West Bar.  You are right with my namesake - thats why I called myself it on here. They were happy days. Ian Branfoot and Colin Symm were also in there at different times and latterly Danny Cameron. I also recall Springo wanting digs too and he was a very good friend too.

Now you mention their son being a policeman, I do, vaguely remember.  I was only a nipper but some memory of us kids playing in the yard and him coming along the corridor.  I knew Danny Cameron was there and, I think, Archie Irvine?

3 hours ago, EBRAwe'rebarmy said:

Now you mention their son being a policeman, I do, vaguely remember.  I was only a nipper but some memory of us kids playing in the yard and him coming along the corridor.  I knew Danny Cameron was there and, I think, Archie Irvine?

Yep Archie was in never understood a bloody word he was saying his accent was so thick. Me and GP used to play football on tat patch of grass at the to where the lane was cos I played in the old Yorkshire League. Try as mI might I could never get past him.

4 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Yep Archie was in never understood a bloody word he was saying his accent was so thick. Me and GP used to play football on tat patch of grass at the to where the lane was cos I played in the old Yorkshire League. Try as mI might I could never get past him.

I remember Mr and Mrs Baines used to let me take there dog for walks up on back edge behind maisonettes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Brilliant.  We played on the same patch as kids for hours or in the yard if it was muddy!

• Thanks 1