Do our First Team Squad Live Locally

As an ex Sheffielder I have lived in Bolton for over 40 years and being a season ticket holder I travel over to Hillsborough for every home game. On one occasion I was surprised to see I was driving behind George Boyd who was on his way to Hillsborough. This got me thinking if any of our current squad have to drive for a reasonable length of time on a daily basis to get to the training ground or to the stadium on match days.

Its we’ll documented that years ago Ron Springett trained daily with QPR before meeting up with the team on match days but does any of our current squad live miles from Sheffield.

Be interested to hear from those in the know.

Randomly found myself behind this in a nondescript little suburb near Stockport t’other week. Bit young to be driving, I thought, but suppose his dad has pulled a string or two. Still doesn’t explain what he was doing cruising through Bredubury at 8pm, unless he’d stayed at the big Homebase until closing

lol
E282419B-F007-4AA2-9E3A-54A8067042BC.thumb.jpeg.242cf75b99605d03f130fe5d1d16c1a0.jpeg

• Haha 8

I know Berahino lives in some new build apartments just off Dore Road because I did some maintenance work there previously. Kadeem Harris and Van Aken used to live in another complex not far from there. I know Gregory had an apartment where the old Dial House club in Wisewood was because it was next door to my aunties ex fella, but I know he rented that out because he was at Millwall at the time.

That's all the stalker information I have for you I'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Lee Chapman lived with Lesley Ash in High Green

Forresteiri lived in Chapeltown 

David Hirst lived in Wadsley Bridge 

Back in the Jack Charlton era many of the players lived in a local boarding house.

David Hirst lived and still lives on Twentywell lane in Bradway

• Like 4

Would imagine it would depend where they lived before coming here. Foreign lads would live local as they’ve no reason to live anywhere else, players from miles away - London, Scotland etc anywhere longer than a 2 hour drive would relocate here.

Its the ones from other Yorkshire teams, midlands, Lancashire where you can get here in under 2 hours that might just stay put for their family’s sake and commute it.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In the 60s Sheffield Wednesday had houses all around the area

Wadsley Lane, Marcliffe Road, Penistone Road etc 

I was in Digs with a few players on Foxhill Crescent in the late 60s then got a flat above the shops on Halifax Road with one of em. Just above the White Horse Pub. That bloody flat could tell a tale or 2 believe me.

• Like 1