Doncaster Rovers - V - Wednesday OMDT

Watching Wednesday at the moment is like watching 11 glass bottles take to the pitch. You know that not all of them are coming back in one piece.

So we need to start like a house on fire and get 3 goals up as fast as possible so we can then take off our remaining key players before they have a chance to get injured and slow the game down for the rest of the team so they can take it easy.

10 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Excellent Work again M’lord in regards to the OMDT. As for tomorrow, it will be a difficult game given Donny’s last two results, So I’ll go for a 2-1 win. Come on Wednesday.😉

They were really poor vs Lincoln and Lincoln are playing like garbage themselves at the moment..

IF we play like we did vs Rotherham and they play in a similar fashion as on  tuesday night it will be a nice 2-0 win to us. 

• Love 1

Be great if we could get a win - push into the play offs and hopefully put some space to 9th spot.

Agree that the first goal is going to be crucial - can't see many goals in the games and one is likely to be the difference.

Come on Wednesday.

25 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

More of the Grand National tbh.First Faller at Beecher’s Brook.🤪

Doncaster used be my airport of choice with Ryanair. But then no public transport .So (many prominent people start a sentence with so) taxi to Doncaster and double decker bus to Sheffield because too mean for taxi all the way.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, wexowl said:

Doncaster used be my airport of choice with Ryanair. But then no public transport .So (many prominent people start a sentence with so) taxi to Doncaster and double decker bus to Sheffield because too mean for taxi all the way.

Pre COVID, we used to have a X6 bus Sheffield to Donny Airport that ran every hour.Sadly it stopped in 2020 due to low demand.Used it a lot to go Parrots Corner and catch another bus into Donny. Took about 65/70 Mins. Slightly quicker than the X78 which was about 75/80mins.

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

As Moore said it’s a big game for Kamberi, Sow and Berahino today. Time to step up and show they are better than league 1, which so far they have struggled a bit to do cough *berahino* 

So all three on the bench, Brennan and Brown up front.

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.868ce62b3f0c0bf63833753ae44b3248.png

"Doncaster tomorrow, Stubbs. Is it still the AIDS and teenage pregnancy capital of Europe?"

"Sir, must we do this every week?"

"Do what?"

"Besmirch the towns of the opposition with this infantile put downs and predudices. It is football after-all, there is little need to go into the other stuff. "

"Hang on b-gad! It was you, last week, rambling on about bricks and dwarfs! That has nothing to do with football!"

"That was a look at their town, Sir".  

"As I am with my question about Doncaster."

"I meant, a factual , positive look, Sir. Why does everything have to be negative"

"What's positive about bricks!

"Well, you're living in a large pile of them, Sir. The world would be a different, maybe lesser place without them?" 

"Mmmmm. an interesting point.  If it wasn't for bricks, well, where would we be I suppose? Gosh,  I'll tell you, Stubbs, we'd be living in shipping containers , wearing second hand clothes, and drinking our beer out of jam jars, that's where! "

"Actually shipping container chic and drinking from jars is very 2022, Sir. I don't know if you've been to Kelham Is-"

"No, no, no! Give me bricks anyday! Give me the mundane! Give me, dare I say it...normal!  You're right. Give me some facts about Doncaster! I'll behave.. I'm sorry."

"Crapper, Sir"

"Exactly! This is what I've been saying. Glad you've come to my way of thinking. That's what I was saying from the start, it's an absolute hole."

"No Sir.  Thomas Crapper, son of Doncaster, an engineer that revolutionised home sanitation when he invented the U-bend.."

"Invented the U-bend! Is that their gift to the world?"

"He also invented the floating ballcock"

"Aye, a load of ballcocks all right."

"Oh forget it."

"I'm sorry, do go on. Sorry. Think positive. Think positive. Any other famous sons of Doncaster?"

"Not off the top of my head ,Sir, No"

"I can think of one Stubbs. Jeremy Clarkson!"

"...."

"Stubbs?"

"...."

"Stubbs, are you all right?"

"You're right, Sir. It's a hole that has done nothing for the world. I'll grab the swan vesta and the jerry can and I'll see if i can smarten it up a bit"  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DONCASTER ROVERS

V

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

image.png.b097eac0134bbbb76e5fce4ea766c889.png

Feb 19, 2022

Kick off 3pm

The Keepmoat Stadium

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROVERS

Doncaster were indebted by a Dan Gardner penalty 10 minutes from time against Lincoln, with the midfield anchor-man expected to feature on Saturday.

Top scorer Tommy Rowe will line up with Matt Smith in midfield with Gardner sat at the base, and the width coming from wing-backs Ben Jackson and Kyle Knoyle either side.

Leading the line will be Reo Griffiths and Josh Martin, with the pair no doubt desperate to end their woes in front of goal.

image.png.e580f5e04d6ffdc7592ea505f22c5510.png

WEDNESDAY

It has not been the return to English football that Saido Berahino may have wished for, having netted just once since joining from Zulte Waregem at the beginning of the season however there has been much speculation this week that the former WBA starlet is in line for a recall.

He has found minutes hard to come by so far and is likely to be kept on the bench, with starting berths handed to Callum Paterson and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing in recent weeks. An inury to Mendez-Laing will push him up the pecking order. 

Barry Bannan, George Byers and Massimo Luongo will play in midfield, where surely they must be  the best triumvirate in the division. 

nm3FOQ.gif.68e42b05246ce83716974813c4cd85df.gif

Sorry Snoots but I used to have a shop in Blackpool selling cots, prams etc on the basis that Blackpool was the teenage pregnancy capital of Europe. The locals would be very annoyed to hear they've lost their title.

Remember talking to one girl who said she'd had three previous kids, from different blokes, every one taken off her by Social Services. I thought she sounded a right Blackpool slapper. Until she told me she's moved from Sheffield.

Three of you might know her.

• Haha 1