Doncaster Rovers - V - Wednesday OMDT

Donny team as expected.

their defence are units, we will need Kamberi to bounce them to create the space for sow in there.

their 14  smith is a handy player, one for Luongo to keep half an eye on as he drifts about and has a decent touch.  

Famous last words but even our defenders in that team should be ok against those forwards 

• Haha 1

Team looks ok and we should be winning the midfield battle easily. Even the bench has Paterson on it who can at least come on in pretty any position on the pitch. Thought (and feared) Berahino was going to get a start. But Kamberi/ Sow should at least give Doncaster something to worry about. 
Time for a moral boosting away win. 

Berahino must be awful in training too 

not like I’m pushing for him to start but he came high profile and trusted by Moore never really took his chance and now even more won’t play him 

cant see where the goals come from I’ll take a 1-0 ugly win right now 

Strongest team on paper but a pretty small side too so almost asking to conceed a sucker set piece/cross again in these conditions away.

For that reason would have gone pato over byers for some physicality and brought byers on for luongo/bannan to preserve them, but if we dont conceed a set piece or cross 1-0 win

Just now, fpowl said:

Berahino must be awful in training too 

not like I’m pushing for him to start but he came high profile and trusted by Moore never really took his chance and now even more won’t play him 

cant see where the goals come from I’ll take a 1-0 ugly win right now 

It’s sad really. Once you can’t get a run out against Doncaster Rovers and are effectively 8th choice forward at a third division club you know it’s time to call it a day. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s sad really. Once you can’t get a run out against Doncaster Rovers and are effectively 8th choice forward at a third division club you know it’s time to call it a day. 

That’s what DM will be thinking when he draws up his retained list come May time.Expect Berahino to be on the Released list.

6 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

He’s done nothing to merit a start for what I’ve seen however I’m going to contradict myself now 

he is allegedly our fittest player to being a natural goal scorer or an out an out striker if you will rather than the second striker or the target man 

he must not be doing it in training because I can’t see why now when we are decimated with forwards and attacking players but still creating chances like against Rotherham you wouldn’t put him in 

if he’s really that far back surely we should be taking him off the bench and replacing him with under 23s forward 

all this said sow could end up taking his chance today and put a decent run together against the so called lesser teams in the division 

we need somebody coming forward and dragging us through until we get our match winners back