Doncaster Rovers - V - Wednesday OMDT

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Just about every post he makes is absolute poo poo.Not sure he's even a Wednesday fan

UTO FTP

It is all part of his master business plan. Talk the club down, cause unrest and then then buy SWFC for a cut down price. He could, of course, buy the club several times over, but he loves a bargain.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

I’ve never doubted our current manager. He’s proved more than a few wrong today with his H-T substitutions that have helped turn the game around in our favour.

Also the criticism of him starting Kamberi and Sow was over the top as usual. Let’s face it there have been some understandable posts saying Kamberi is usually effective in helping us win games plus Sow’s goal ratio compared to minutes on the pitch has given a strong case for him starting.

Anyway that’s 5 wins in 6 and that defeat was an undeserved one so we’re doing well despite all the injuries but Moore still won’t get the credit he deserves from some on here but I still believe he’ll be a very good manager for us.

Sow and kamberi have only ever looked half of a player when they have played with Gregory.  

Personally think they are two of the most ineffective strikers I have seen play for us. And offer zero goal threat.  Kamberi runs his socks off and can see why (if playing with a more senior striker) he can be effective when we are pressing sides that mess about at back he however constantly gives ball away and seems like a rabbit in headlights when he gets ball in goo positions. 

Sow is very poor.

Today we were effectively playing with 9 men in first half.

15 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

First half was decent up to point either kamberi or sow had to get involved, hunt and Johnson whipped in several great balls in first half but we had no "presence" in the box. 

Really fancy us ( and have done for while now) to go up through play offs, especially if we can have likes of Dean, Gregory, NML and windass involved by then.

The crosses, bar one to Sow, weren't that good, there's no point crossing to places where players aren't. 

Hunt's all ended up well behind the far post when they were in the middle, Johnson's best cross to the middle, Kamberi had just passed him the ball on the left so there was nobody there.

We were playing too deep, there was far too much space and players between the midfield and the strikers, and we were back to passing backwards at every opportunity and getting clogged up in midfield.

We were again back to attacking by throwin, making more forward progress through throwins than passing.

Kamberi and Sow weren't that good, but the rest of the team were innefective going forward too, it wasn't just them.

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

The crosses, bar one to Sow, weren't that good, there's no point crossing to places where players aren't. 

Hunt's all ended up well behind the far post when they were in the middle, Johnson's best cross to the middle, Kamberi had just passed him the ball on the left so there was nobody there.

We were playing too deep, there was far too much space and players between the midfield and the strikers, and we were back to passing backwards at every opportunity and getting clogged up in midfield.

We were again back to attacking by throwin, making more forward progress through throwins than passing.

Kamberi and Sow weren't that good, but the rest of the team were innefective going forward too, it wasn't just them.

All players can do when crossing is put balls in good areas for forwards to attack, neither the front two in the first half were attacking the crosses, they just were too passive and static, cross for Paterson's goal was from a similar delivery we put in time after time in first half but showed difference if you have a player with a physical presence attacking those crosses.

Agree a problem with the midfield 3 at present (as good as they are in all other aspects) is none are natural at getting into box to help out.

3 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

I think you imagine things that suit your perceptions

We didn’t play any different first half or second, the only real change was bringing Gibson on and releasing Johnson more 

That and having two forwards that mixed things up 

You seem to see something in Kamberi that I don’t which is fair enough but don’t pretend we played different in the first half and that the half time substitutions were planned in advance to try and embellish your knowledge of football 

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

We didn’t play any different first half or second, the only real change was bringing Gibson on and releasing Johnson more 

You seem to see something in Kamberi that I don’t which is fair enough but don’t pretend we played different in the first half and that the half time substitutions were planned in advance to try and embellish your knowledge of football 

It's obvious from this long that Moore likes to make his changes after an hour, making 2 at half time not his style and further evidence how absolutely shocking those two player's were in first half.

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Not trying to embellish anything.

From DMs remarks, the half time subs, at least Berahino's seemed to be planned, maybe it wasn't. 

As for attacking the crosses, at least get them around the peope in the box, Hunt's were all to the back of the six yard box while they were in the middle, Johnson's were better, but the build up matters.

Pato's goal was great though, he knew where it was going and virtually pushed Hunt out of the way to get to it, as it's fallen ro Hunt a couple of times there in the last few games.

We played much faster in the second half, more direct. We were really negative in the first half, going sideways and backwards, and the passing was atrocious, all the midfield losing the ball regularly.

I'm not saying that the forwards were good, they weren't, but it wasn't the dominant first half that people are making out that it was.

41 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Not trying to embellish anything.

From DMs remarks, the half time subs, at least Berahino's seemed to be planned, maybe it wasn't. 

As for attacking the crosses, at least get them around the peope in the box, Hunt's were all to the back of the six yard box while they were in the middle, Johnson's were better, but the build up matters.

Pato's goal was great though, he knew where it was going and virtually pushed Hunt out of the way to get to it, as it's fallen ro Hunt a couple of times there in the last few games.

We played much faster in the second half, more direct. We were really negative in the first half, going sideways and backwards, and the passing was atrocious, all the midfield losing the ball regularly.

I'm not saying that the forwards were good, they weren't, but it wasn't the dominant first half that people are making out that it was.

DM quotes 

I told Syllia and Kamberi that we need to make changes ( not planned in advance)

Told the team to keep doing what they were doing and chances will come 

Sorry to pizz on your cornflakes 

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

DM quotes 

I told Syllia and Kamberi that we need to make changes ( not planned in advance)

Told the team to keep doing what they were doing and chances will come 

Sorry to pizz on your cornflakes 

OK, been busy, haven't seen the post match stuff.

I was referring to his pre match comments on how all 4 would get a chance and have to step up.

If it wasn't, it wasn't. 

Smoke bombs are different to flares which do way more damage as has been pointed out before (that poor girl at the lane).

I'd reallly nothing at all got thrown, but I'd prefer smoke bombs to bottles, coins etc. Smoke bombs are generally lobbed in the direction pf the pitch behind the goal, which isn't the case with other stuff.
But it's all shits & giggles until one goes astray & someone turns round at the wrong second & gets it in the face.

Saw the toliet roll as well which TBH had me scratching my head trying to remember the last time I saw one. The real bellenders were the middle aged pitch invaders - just embarrasing.
And there was one lad who ran on the pitch then jumped back in the stand pursued by a couple of rather chunky stewards - all it needed was the Yakety-Sax tune from Benny Hill.

I can understand it if/when we get to playoffs & beyond, but it's every bloody week at the moment.

DONR01.jpg

On 20/02/2022 at 11:12, Pete Zarhutt said:

Smoke bombs are different to flares which do way more damage as has been pointed out before (that poor girl at the lane).

I'd reallly nothing at all got thrown, but I'd prefer smoke bombs to bottles, coins etc. Smoke bombs are generally lobbed in the direction pf the pitch behind the goal, which isn't the case with other stuff.
But it's all shits & giggles until one goes astray & someone turns round at the wrong second & gets it in the face.

Saw the toliet roll as well which TBH had me scratching my head trying to remember the last time I saw one. The real bellenders were the middle aged pitch invaders - just embarrasing.
And there was one lad who ran on the pitch then jumped back in the stand pursued by a couple of rather chunky stewards - all it needed was the Yakety-Sax tune from Benny Hill.

I can understand it if/when we get to playoffs & beyond, but it's every bloody week at the moment.

DONR01.jpg

I'm pretty certain thats my son in this photo.

• Love 1