Doncaster Rovers - V - Wednesday OMDT

Looking forward to today.

Hope Moore does the obvious, by pairing Sow with Kamberi - the only two proper strikers the only two who have a reasonable scoring rate this season. Paterson and Berahino are totally barren. Berahino last scored early September; Paterson last scored early October. 

I assume Brennan comes in for Hutch. Why would Moore play a 50:50 Hutch with 4 games in 14 days? I’d like to see how Storey does with the added responsibilities of being the middle CB. He’s been impressive on the right.

• Like 1

"You're right, Sir. It's a hole that has done nothing for the world. I'll grab the swan vesta and the jerry can and I'll see if i can smarten it up a bit"

cheeky reference to the old chairman who got caught planning to torch their old stadium some years back??

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This is a huge day. Today we cement ourselves in the playoffs & I don’t expect us to leave the playoff positions until we are back in the big time. Then I can grumble about only being a mid table premier league side. Can’t wait, I love football. Trying not to get ahead of myself as usual but I’m already hoping we start our first season back like we did that season a few years back when Andy Booth kept smashing them in & we were top after 4 games. We’re on our way! 

Half a job today Snooty's. No form table, no previous results, no mention of our away support. Early mornings getting to you? 

Apart from that, your usual brilliant summary. 

4067 supporters will make the short trip across the moat. 

Previous record against them doesn't look good. 

Things, have to change 

Scrappy 2-1 win for us. 

FORM GUIDE (League One)

Owls: WWWWL
Doncaster: LWLLW

PREVIOUS MEETINGS

14 Aug 2021 | Owls 2-0 Doncaster | League One
22 Mar 2014 | Doncaster 1-0 Owls | Championship
28 Sept 2013 | Owls 0-1 Doncaster | Championship
16 Feb 2010 | Owls 0-2 Doncaster | Championship
8 Dec 2009 | Doncaster 1-0 Owls | Championship

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KcebSWFC11 said:

This is a huge day. Today we cement ourselves in the playoffs & I don’t expect us to leave the playoff positions until we are back in the big time. Then I can grumble about only being a mid table premier league side.

You are aware we're in League One, right?

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A game we should be winning, but losing yet another two key players to injury further levels the playing field. Christ knows how we're going to fill the bench, at this rate the kit man going to be printing himself a shirt number. 

The team more or less picks itself, we have to start with forwards, not Paterson. Surely his role now in midfield as a sub.to protect the legs of whoever comes off in the second half.

Midfield strong, defence ok but lacking the experience of Hutchinson to see and mop up danger, up front unknown but has been misfiring for weeks so can't get much worse and freshness needed. 

Sow is probably the sensible choice to partner Kamberi, but have a feeling Moore wants to reintroduce Berahino. I don't mind who as long as it's not Paterson up there. 

Still think we can sneak a 1-0 win. Not many goals in this team though.

Just no more injuries please today, enough is enough.

• Like 2