Man of the Match & Ratings - Wycombe (H)

Man of the match  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Hunt
    • Paterson
    • Brennan
    • Dunkley
    • Luongo
    • Kamberi
    • Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Windass
    • Shodipo
    • Mendez-Laing
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Corbeanu

Lots of good performances and an excellent team performance overall. The consistency is coming even if the result wasn't quite there. 

Went for Hunt, 4-5 quality balls in the box, on another day he has a couple of assists. Could easily have given it to Luongo, he improves us no end. 

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 7

Luongo for me. So glad he’s playing again. All in all very few things to criticise. Not very clinical but we did create a lot. Couple of errors that lead to Wycombe's goals but in and feel to hard done by given the makeshift nature of our defence. Enjoyed watching the game and thought we looked significantly better than Wycombe. 

• Like 4

Went Luongo, never really understood why we was so highly rated.... but today I understand 👍 considering he has only just come back, he was box to box getting stuck in everywhere 👍 god help the league if he "gets volume" and stays fit! Couldn't fault anyone 2day but Big shout out to Windass, Dunkley, Brennan (still an apprentice) & Bannan but everyone put in a shift and on another day we would of won 🏆 🔵⚪🔵

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Not much argument today. Luongo by a country mile. Might've gone for Hunt if it was decided at half time.

Totally agree with this ^^^^^^^

👍👏

Luongo is quality, but honourable mentions for Jack Hunt, especially his first half performance & also Kamberi and Patterson.

Everyone contributed to a good game, in difficult conditions.

We were very unlucky not to get all three points, but if we continue to play like this, then we will be fine.........

UTO!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I went for Kamberi, I thought his link up play, runs made, flicks and work ethic were exceptional. On another day his shot early on sales past their keeper. If we had their keeper I think we win that. 

Generally, if the opposition keeper is on our side I'd expect to win every game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Great to see so many positive comments about the players, and all of them justified in my book.  It was a very good team performance.  Luongo edged it for me.  He gives our midfield so much presence and he's having a positive influence on the performances of other players.

• Like 2

Another really good performance in which just about everyone played well. Once again we bossed one of the top teams in the league but this time didn't get the result we deserved. The match stats show 18 goal attempts to their 6, 8 on target to their 2 (which both went in!) but that doesn't reflect the number of times crosses fizzed across in front of their goal, inches from an outstretched leg. We seem to be consistently overwhelming (even the top) teams now - the results will surely come.

Peacock-Farrell - 6 not sure how that free kick went in so easily at the post where he was standing. Presumably it was wind-assisted. Didn't have anything else to do. Kicking generally good.

Brennan - 7 once again acquitted himself well. He's no beast but did his defensive stuff well and was terrific on the ball

Dunkley - 8 another towering performance despite being confronted by a team of giants

Paterson - 7 thought he had a really good game apart from conceding that silly foul. His aerial strength came in handy against that lot

Hunt - 8 another terrific performance. So many really good crosses, neat play and productive passes. I love how he sprints back if we lose it (are you watching Liam)

Luongo - 8 we effectively only had him and Bannan in the middle but he battled so well that it was barely noticed. Did loads of productive stuff too.

Bannan - 8 another great game from him - I think we've become blase about how good he is

Windass - 7 always looks lively and scored another goal (for which he gets an extra point) but messed up a few attacks by being too greedy

Shodipo - 7 better than I'd come to expect. Hope his goal gives him confidence. Terrific cross for Gregory's header

Gregory - 7 frankly struggled against two excellent centre-halves but unlucky not to score with that header and gets an extra point for his unbelievably unselfish assist. Smart thinking.

Kamberi - 8 MoM Was outstanding in the first half, bit quieter in the second. I've been critical of his quality but today his touch was sublime. Him and Hunt worked really well together. Did really well with his turn and shot - that deserved a goal.

Theo - 6 didn't do much in the time he had

Mendez-Laing - 7 was very involved, and looked class when he had the ball. Seemed willing to work hard too. Looking forward to seeing more. Could be a great asset.

Fizz - 7 what a great player to bring on. So powerful, able to grapple for the ball and power past people. Unlucky we didn't get something from his efforts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1