Man of the Match & Ratings - Wycombe (H)

Man of the match  

363 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the match

• Peacock-Farrell
    • Hunt
    • Paterson
    • Brennan
    • Dunkley
    • Luongo
    • Kamberi
    • Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Windass
    • Shodipo
    • Mendez-Laing
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Corbeanu

BPF- 5- No chance with 1st goal, but should save the 2nd. It on his side. Dive looked half hearted. 

Paterson- 6- would have been a 7 but for giving a daft free kick away for their equaliser. Did well otherwise

Dunkley- 7- very good again. If he keeps these standards up he’ll be challenging for player of year

Brennan- 7- like this lad a lot seems calm under pressure and defends well. Sends odd ball astray but can forgive that

Shodipo- 7- best game I’ve seen from him. Worked tirelessly. Couldn’t miss for his goal. 

Hunt- 8- My MOM. Had a fantastic game up until he went off. First half especially he was a menace down the right. Ahould have had a couple of assists if strikers were on their toes. 

Bannan- 7- good display as per usual. Looks miles better with Luongo next to him. Some lovely slide rule balls

Luongo- 8- Great in midfield. Tackles, drives forward, can pick a pass. God we’ve missed him. 

Windass- 7.5- Took his goal well and was heavily involved first half. Looked tired 2nd half. Understandable

Kamberi- 6- worked hard, could have had a couple, drifted in and out a hit though I thought

Gregory- 6- would have had a couple if he was half a yard quicker from Hunt’s crosses. Proper striker though really like his work ethic

NML- 6 decent cameo. Looks like he will be a useful addition

FDB- 6- could he have scored in last minute? Bot sure. Strong running

Corbeanu- 6- not really enough time to get into game. Needed a bit of calm with that chance, snatched at it

Good performance today. Keep playing like that, and keep Luongo and Windass fit and we go up I reckon

Fair play to Wycombe fans as well. Don’t think I could watch that dross every week. 

Oh and their keeper, Stockdale, always hated him, don’t know why. Bellend. 

UTO

• Like 1

Bpf 6 good free kick but miles away

Hunt 7 put some better crosses in that quicker strikers might have got end of, made most of their slow lb

Brennan 6 another good 7/10 display, bar not showing their left winger down the line for their 1st

Dunkley 7 solid

Pato 7 great to have in the squad, covered his 4th position very well bar free kick, reads the game and puts his head in

Shodipo 8 very good assist on his weaker foot and a goal, so 2 extra points for 2 solid contributions

Luongo & Bannan 7 dominated midfield

Windass 8* worthy of a free role, popped up everywhere, great finish to put us ahead from behind 2nd time in a week

Gregory 6 struggled to get on end of things that weren't pinpoint but nice assist

Kamberi 6 better touch but like gregory got little change from a decent defence

ML 6 looked pretty sharp and direct, looks a good addition

Theo 5 struggled to get in it for last 20

Coming from behind to be leading twice in a week a good sign, credit to dm for going with 3 forwards and nearly another good win.

Dominated possession and plenty of crosses/shots. Only a set piece undid 2 buses coming at once. Performances alot more attacking and positive now leading to more goals

• Like 1

Some great performances.

Luongo just shaded it for me but Hunt and Shodipo had great attacking games and the back 3 all played very well against a very physical side and dealt well with countless balls over the top. Bannan great too.

Honourable mention to the ref. Thought he managed the game really well.

• Like 2

Peacock-Farrell - 5

Brennan - 8

Dunkley - 7

Paterson - 7

Hunt - 8 MOM

Luongo - 8

Bannan - 7

Shodipo - 7 

Gregory - 6

Kamberi - 7

Windass - 8

Played we’ll can’t really slate any apart from Peacock who should have saved second and was hesitant in first half. Gregory should have had a couple really too. 

• Like 2

Luongo - superb

Jack Hunt - where did that come from?

Kamberi - thought he linked midfield and attack brilliantly and some of his first touches were amazing - much better

Brennan - did well again

Dunkley - class again

Bannan - consistent

Windass- he's back!

Shodipo - much better

NML - great debut

Best performance of the season, despite the result. We attacked with pace and passing movement that I've not seen since Carlos' first season. 

• Like 1

Peacock-Farrell - 6 - nervous all game. 

Brennan - 7 - looked the part

Dunkley - 9 - magnificent

Paterson - 6 - two dreadfully stupid fouls let down an otherwise strong day

Hunt - 9.5 - absolutely outstanding. On another day he’s got 3 or 4 assists.

Luongo - 8.5 - Rolls Royce

Bannan - 8 - started very poorly but superb thereafter

Shodipo - 8 - I criticised his inclusion but I was wrong and DM was right. Excellent 

Gregory - 7 - should surely have had a goal or two with the quality and quantity of service, but got into good positions. 

Kamberi - 8 - workhorse 

Windass - 7 - poor apart from goal but he’s clearly rusty 

Fizz - 8.5 - brilliant and powerful

Theo - 6 - quiet cameo

M-L - 7 - impressive 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

I'm going for Brennan.  Still new at this but hardly put a foot wrong and growing in confidence.

Think we've got a real prospect on our hands.

I love his composure. Where other defenders at this level almost always opt to just head it forward back into the fray, he very often chests it down and picks out a pass to the feet of our midfield. Very impressive. 

• Like 4